German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When a chokechain or fursaver gives it's size, does that mean the length of the chain itself between the two rings?

Or, does it refer to the overall length from the outer edge of one ring to the outer edge of the other ring?

Thanks!

OOOH-- One mo' question!
With a fursaver, is a 3mm the lightweight, skinny-guage one, and the 4 mm the "regular" one most people use? Or, is the 3mm the weight most people use, and 4mm a really elongated link one?

·
Registered
217 Posts
4mm .... the 3 mm gets caught on everything ... or I should say that when you slide a leash snap across the 3 mm it catches the entire chain, like if it were a choke

With the 4mm, you actually catch a link ....

I started with a 3mm and HATED it
... the 4mm holds up MUCH better ... even better is the stainless. It is amazing the diff between this and the chrome.

I could post pics as examples if you are interested ...

anyway, just my 2 cents ....

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
I am interested in getting a fursaver also so great thread for me.

Brightelf, I think the measurement on the length is from outer ring to ring, I don't have one but that is how they measure my dogs slip collar and it must be standard. I got Bo a 24 inch nylon slip collar.

Sarah, If you have time to post piks would like to see them but only if you have time. Define gonna get the SS.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts