German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Subject: WGSD @ HCACC

ID# 9/27-4042

This lovely older girl really needs rescues tender loving care. She is so skinny its horrible. COVERED in fleas, nasty dirty, etc. The boys bathed her today and we will apply flea prevention if anyone can take her.

She was so depressed in the kennel and when I came and got her out she actually trotted down the hall wagging her tail . She was SO happy.

She is very loving. Granted she is not a youngster she does deserve to retire in comfort and not die alone at the shelter never knowing a nice warm bed or a home of her own.

Bert will put her down the first of the week if no one steps up and lets me know something. He said he is not leaving her sit in this condition. We will give you time to make transport arrangements but please let me know by 7 am Monday morning if you can save her life!

Betsy~

**Please Note; When forwarding, crossposting, or re-posting I ask that you leave this message intact exactly as it was written by me. I do not give permission to post my message, part of my message, or my photographs on Craig's List. Thank you for your help and support, and for respecting my wishes.**

Betsy Merchant~
We are very rescue friendly and are more than happy to work with any rescue group as long as the group has a valid Georgia Department of Agriculture license! Any rescue group, whether in or out of state, that takes pets from Georgia shelters, is required, by Georgia law, to have a rescue license issued by the Georgia Department of Agriculture's Animal Protection Division. Having tax exempt status is not the same as a license. For more information on obtaining a license, please call (404) 656-4914.

[email protected]

Henry County Animal Care and Control

527 Hampton Street

McDonough, Georgia 30253

(770) 288-7401

Henry County Animal Care and Control

Our Hours:

Monday-Friday: 9 am-4:30 pm

Saturday: 9 am-1 pm

Sunday: Closed

County Observed Holidays: Closed

The shelter is located at 527 Hampton Street in McDonough. We are located south of Atlanta off I-75. Take exit 218 and head east on 20/81 toward McDonough. Our address is 527 Hwy 20/81 East.

For all other information regarding ordinances, county codes, and other functions of Henry County Animal Care and Control please visit www.hcacc.org

·
Registered
12,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My heart stopped when I opened this email...for those of you that don't know...I have a senior foster from GA named Cheyenne that could be this girl's identical twin!! Same exact condition too...except that my foster was in much worse condition...it's flea dermatitis and cleared up very nicely for us!

My foster before:

My foster now:

Anyone...please...my heart is just broken for this sweet girl!

·
Registered
12,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bert will put her down the first of the week if no one steps up and lets me know something. He said he is not leaving her sit in this condition. We will give you time to make transport arrangements but please let me know by 7 am Monday morning if you can save her life!

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Oh my goodness. Time is so short. It is already the first of the week. This poor girl is down to hours now. Please!!!! Can anyone help?

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Oh dear...BUMP anyone???

·
Registered
12,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
bump...............................

·
Registered
12,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Prayers answered :)

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Woo Hoo!!!!! She for sure had an angel watching over her, thank goodness!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts