German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,941 Posts
Hard to see his coat and body type from these pics. Can you try to post some more pictures of him standing, from different angles?

From these pics, he looks like he is patterned sable, as to what type, you'd really have to have a pedigree to know for sure, otherwise people can only offer a guess. I'd guess a working line sable and red and black West German Showline mix. The pattern of sable he is showing turns up very frequently in these type of mixes.

How old is he? Where did you get him from?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ImageUploadedByPG Free1375936498.450888.jpg
He just turned a year. He is AKC registered but I didn't get that paper work. He weighs 120 pounds a man in wyoming was giving him away so i had gotten him and hes just an awesome dog. and he almost looks like a brindle.. Is there a brindle kind? Never the less we love him :)

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
16,941 Posts
He is definitely a sable! Sable sometimes looks like brindling in some dogs.

With these newest pics, I don't see so much of a saddle pattern on him, seems to be sable all over. Lowers the accuracy of my first guess. The sable coloring can come from working lines or American Show lines. I don't think that your boy is from a specific line, but probably a bit of mish-mash of different lines.

He sure has a cute face though, looks like a very happy boy!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh awesome! Thank you so much! I haven't had a shepherd before so I had no idea. I don't know if you know or not but are they chewers? Because he loves to chew everything he can get ahold of. Lol do you know what I could? He is a little monster loves to destroy stuff. Ha

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
16,941 Posts
Chewers? Oh my goodness YES!! Puppies are affectionately called land sharks, they are very bitey in their play (they do outgrow it though), and the chewing stuff is pretty normal. Just make sure he has plenty of appropriate chew things like Kongs and antler chews and bully sticks, and keep him away from stuff in the house that could harm him you can't be there to supervise.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts