German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Banned
5,218 Posts
I have noticed he has an occasional limp in front leg for a 5 days, then it seemed over the weekend it is the other one. Jake is acting totally normal, eating normal and not whining or crying.

I have been doing aspirin and started Vit c, is there anything else I need to do? I have read that in some cases the vet gives an antibiotic? Why is that? Does he need to see a vet? I am really on the fence because he acts happy, full of energy and completely normal. IF it is Pano I am assuming it is a mild case.

Jake is 8.5 months.

Thanks in advance for the insight.
Sounds exactly like what Abby had. Was on and off from 5 - 9 months... and gone ever since. Yes, it was pano.. according to the vet and the breeder.
Can't say that I would advise aspirin, though. Let nature take its course.

· Banned
5,218 Posts
I don't think you have to eliminate it. Just cut down on long walks on pavement. If you can walk in the woods ...........? As I said, mine got over it at around 8 months and she has been fine since.

· Banned
5,218 Posts
Also, I have read conflicting articles on the "known" causes of Pano, and one that stuck out to me was too much protein??? Confused?
Well, it's an inflamation so I don't know how protein figures in. All the reading I did said that it can come and go for 2 years. If the limping persists I know you will go to the vet .... maybe he/she can give you an anti-inflamatory that is acceptable for dogs. Mine just said to back off on the exercise, which I did.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.