German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I just wrote a long post and for some reason the page refreshed and I lost it all... grrr!! lol

Okay, so I cut up and froze a slab of ribs for Max. This morning I gave him a piece that had a bone about 6 inches in it. I was expecting him to chew the meat off and then chew on the bone, which he always does with bones. I gave Max the bone, filled his water dish and turned around and see him licking his lips, looking for more :)

I searched here and see a lot of people saying their dogs love rib bones, etc... but nothing about a dog swallowing one whole... Max is 4 months old, 40 lbs and the piece of bone about 6 inches. He's on a RAW diet, so his body is used to digesting bones. I'm hoping this won't be a problem, but wanted to post here and get some advice and opinions on if I should keep an extra watch out due to this pork bone.

Thanks for any advice!

(Been busy with Maximus and my goofball (daughter) so I haven't been around much...)

Alex

·
Registered
701 Posts
My boy decided to house a chicken leg last night, I found him heaving and up comes an 3/4 of a chicken leg.
This has not been the first time either.

What I have found with bone is, if it is a problem, he will likely puke it up soon. Otherwise, it will pass fine.

Keep an eye on him, if he can't eliminate properly or is straining to, see a vet, there may be a blockage.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts