German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At least, I think so!

Also, he is very VERY out of shape and we have just started working on that. It's a little embarrassing.

4 years and 2 months, stacked

and again, the next day

Cuz huntin'

Stacked

Cuz chasin'

Caught!

Later that day, stacked WITH the Cuz

Trying to cheat out of being a GSD

Better...

Got it! My handsome dog.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Nice photos! Nice stack!! Sure is a good looking dog :)

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Trents face just screams nobleness. He is so so soooo handsome. He cracks me up with his cuz. :D

·
Registered
184 Posts
Always thought your dog was such a stunner. :)

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
ASL?

VERY handsome head. Love his nice straight muzzle, im so sick of seeing all those roman noses in the ring. And I like his dark face and rich contrasting coloration.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks so much guys!! All your comments and compliments really made me smile - I admit, I love showing off this dog :D

Trent has an ongoing love affair with his Cuz toy. He loves it so much, even though it's broken and the squeaky popped out. I posted these pictures on the Cuz thread a while back, but here they are again!

ASL?

VERY handsome head. Love his nice straight muzzle, im so sick of seeing all those roman noses in the ring. And I like his dark face and rich contrasting coloration.

Thank you! I tease him for having a bit of a "bitch head", but I'm only being half serious. I think I got his good side in these pictures, you wouldn't be able to tell from this thread! Also 100% agree with you on the roman noses.

And no he is actually all German working lines! He is West German working lines with a bit of DDR further back, but thanks for thinking he's pretty enough to be bred for show ;)

Here's his pedigree, and other stacked photos - plus one of him standing around. The angle of the picture and the way he is stacked really makes a difference - I have heard many people guess that he was ASL!

Qodiak vom HausReid

[/quote]

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
West german working lines would of been my second guess, they are the ones I'm least familiar with. Like I said I wish I knew Shepherd conformation like I do APBT :eek: I think it's the rear end angulation that had me thinking ASL in some of his stacks, although to me he looks sturdy and well built.

I think his head looks like a well proportioned dog to his body, not b*tch like as a whole picture. I saw "dog" when I looked at him. He doesn't have the huge masculine head as some of the stockier lines, but also doesnt have some of the undesired wrinkles or loose jowls that you see a lot as well. Nice tight face without being snippy. Or so I think... haha

The two on the bottom with less of a stack look a lot more working line to me.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
West german working lines would of been my second guess, they are the ones I'm least familiar with. Like I said I wish I knew Shepherd conformation like I do APBT :eek: I think it's the rear end angulation that had me thinking ASL in some of his stacks, although to me he looks sturdy and well built.

I think his head looks like a well proportioned dog to his body, not b*tch like as a whole picture. I saw "dog" when I looked at him. He doesn't have the huge masculine head as some of the stockier lines, but also doesnt have some of the undesired wrinkles or loose jowls that you see a lot as well. Nice tight face without being snippy. Or so I think... haha

He definitely has more rear than many working lines I've seen! And you're not the only one to guess that he's American show lines - it's happened multiple times before, so you're not alone :) And I can definitely see why, so you're not crazy either!

Thanks for your comments on him - I really appreciate it. Overall, I like him, too! I think I'll be hanging on to him LOL

APBTs are one of the breeds I love and admire the most. I will have to pick your brain on them some day ;) I was just talking to a friend in the bulldog world last night, and am really hoping to make it to an ADBA show this summer.

The two on the bottom with less of a stack look a lot more working line to me.
Yeah, the picture and the stack really makes a difference. When he is just moving around or standing casually, no one would guess that he was show lines, so I never get those comments from people who see him in person. Online, I post a huge variety of stacked pictures so it's a common question. Maybe I should find a handler to run him around in the all breed ring for fun!! :wild:

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
APBTs are one of the breeds I love and admire the most. I will have to pick your brain on them some day ;) I was just talking to a friend in the bulldog world last night, and am really hoping to make it to an ADBA show this summer.
ADBA game dogs are the only way to go, and the only true pit bulls, IMHO ;) Feel free to pick away! Love them, they're a bit too hard and stubborn for me in general though. That's why I tend to stick to my GSDs

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ADBA game dogs are the only way to go, and the only true pit bulls, IMHO ;) Feel free to pick away! Love them, they're a bit too hard and stubborn for me in general though. That's why I tend to stick to my GSDs

I love my friend's game bred girl, she is brains, heart, and beauty all in one package. I would steal her away if I were actually equipped to handle a dog like that LOL I like pit bulls a lot, but have heard the same about their stubbornness. It's certainly different from my GSD's "I really, really, really want to be a good dog. Am I doing this right? Please be proud of me. I LOVE YOUUUU." state of mind!!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts