German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
His tumor was removed yesterday. We brought him in at 10 am and home by 7:30. It was a long day and longer night but that was expected.

His surgeon said it went well but the tumor was in an unusual position and sat right on/above his ligament. He was able to get good margins side to side but not deep because of the ligament. The mass was sent out so I’ll know more in about 7-10 days.

The surgeon was surprised that I even found/noticed it. He said most wouldn’t due to the location . All I can say is it’s because I have my hands all over him almost on a daily basis.

Our plan for containment changed and instead of relying on his crate and the family room, I picked up a 4.5’ x 4.5’ indoor/outdoor kennel and set it up in the living room. It’s working out perfectly. Getting in to help him or just being close with him is relatively easy.
05F2C9E8-3CF5-428E-97DE-2CAC2BBDD4FB.jpeg 75103CE3-C025-41D8-B8DB-FA48DB006595.jpeg 5CE86018-E33C-45D3-AA6A-1BDA3D9C04A1.jpeg

Fingers crossed this is all he needs to go through. God I love my boy.

·
Registered
5,968 Posts
I loved my small portable dog run. They are so useful.
Here's hoping for an all clear and a speedy recovery. He could not be in better hands.

·
Super Moderator
6,364 Posts
Hoping for good news next week :love:

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sabis and Dogma, Thank you. today was easier and the area is healing cleanly. Appetite, drinking and peeing back to normal. Just hope he poops tomorrow. Crate rest for two weeks which is not a real big deal.

·
Registered
5,968 Posts
Eating and drinking are good signs. Pooping takes time sometimes. Keep us posted and give him pets from me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts