German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought this was funny,,,the other nite, hanging in bed watching tv, of course masi is basically on top of me, fooling around with her best cat buddy "Boogie",,I'm petting her and feel a TICK! so I grab the tick, pull it out, as she proceeds to get into a tussle with the cat rolling around, my hand is in the way, and I DROP THE TICK!

Well I can't sleep knowing there is a tick on my bed! and it's dropped ontop of a throw that isn't a color or fabric conducive to finding a tick!...So I tell her to find the "bug",,(she's so good at finding stuff),,she's sniffing around and around, and starts nosing something,, goes into a down, it was the "tick":)))))) And it proceeded to be a dead tick after I got thru with it..

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
That stuff really amazes me.

A tracking buddy of mine has an amazing tracking dog. It found somebody's diamond earing under over a foot of snow. The owner of the dog stuck a flag at the location and told the woman she would find her earing there in the spring. And she did!

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
wow, that's an amazing story. how did Masi know
what you meant when you said "find the bug"???
how cool would it be if you could teach a dog to find
a tick on another dog.

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Good job Masi!

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
Way to go Masi on finding that evil tick!!

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
That is so cool Masi found the tick that would have been horrible not knowing where it went if she hadn't. Good girl!! She is your tick detecting dog.:) Yesterday afternoon we came into the kitchen and there was a bee moving around on the floor Jamie went right after it. Thank goodness she does good with her listening I had her down and stay so she would not get stung. I got the bee out of there and told her ok. She went immediately trying to find that bee!! She tracked it all the way outside too. I had to tell her to leave it she wanted that bee bad. :D I just can't get over how extremely smart these dogs are.

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
I'll try that with keys. :) Awesome dog.

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
actually she does detect ticks on the other dogs,,I've seen her sniffing away at Jynx(aussie) face, and when I check sure enough it's a tick:)..

She has always been a "bug" hunter,,if there's a fly in the house , I'll tell her to find the bug, and well she just "does" LOL..I've seen her flip those big carpenter ants?? Had a few in the house, how she does it without swallowing them is beyond me, but she'll pick it up and 'flip' it to get me to notice it..

I'm sure she gets her sniffer from her daddy Max:))

1 - 10 of 10 Posts