German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any events or clubs for GS's in Maryland? I'd like to get to know other Shepherd owners in MD and socialize Deuce at the same time.

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
You can google 'obedience training club' in your state and there should be one in the Balt/Anne Arundel County area. Or look on the AKC website and do a search there

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can google 'obedience training club' in your state and there should be one in the Balt/Anne Arundel County area. Or look on the AKC website and do a search there
Do you need to be AKC registered to take part in events on their website? Deuce is ACA.

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
No, you can go to the website regardless. The obedience club I belong to here is AKC affiliated so they can have sanctioned shows, give the STAR Puppy and CGC class and test but the dog doesn't have to be registered.

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
I live in Maryland and love playdates!! My GSD is a year and loves larger dogs and puppies though ankle biters aren't her thing. I know there are clubs in Baltimore and other areas but none are close enough for me to attend which is a bummer. If I had the time, space, and funds I would open my own,lol. There are a lot of training places though around though I'm not familiar with your area:)

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I live in Maryland and love playdates!! My GSD is a year and loves larger dogs and puppies though ankle biters aren't her thing. I know there are clubs in Baltimore and other areas but none are close enough for me to attend which is a bummer. If I had the time, space, and funds I would open my own,lol. There are a lot of training places though around though I'm not familiar with your area:)
Nice! I'm in AACO just south of Baltimore. My husband works near you in Bethesda at the National Naval Medical Center :cool:

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Bethesda is about 10 minutes from my house,lol small world. If Deuce ever wants a girlfriend to play with me PM me I'll be off work for awhile:)

·
Registered
650 Posts
There is a budding lure coursing group starting up that has coursing practices once a month. They have mostly sighthounds but all breeds are allowed to run as long as they are not dog aggressive. If we can get enough non sight hounds together we can have a few informal races! My boy and I went a few weekends ago and had a BLAST! The field is located up north of Baltimore City, in Hydes MD. PM me if you're interested or would like more info.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'm in Calvert but wouldn't mind meeting some other GSD owners in MD! I'm thinking about getting started in SchH and am checking out a trial a club is holding this weekend. Hopefully talk to some of the members and see what it's all about.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi! I am a first-time poster but I live in the Columbia, MD area and my dog Jack is 6 1/2 months and would love some shepherd friends to play with, we would be willing to travel to some of the surrounding counties if anyone is interested, also if anyone has found any good dog parks, meet up groups etc in the area I would love to hear about it, thanks!

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi! I am a first-time poster but I live in the Columbia, MD area and my dog Jack is 6 1/2 months and would love some shepherd friends to play with, we would be willing to travel to some of the surrounding counties if anyone is interested, also if anyone has found any good dog parks, meet up groups etc in the area I would love to hear about it, thanks!
Hey! I'd love to get together!! Quiet Waters Park in Annapolis has a nice dog park.

·
Registered
25 Posts
We can definitely make it to Annapolis, weekends work best for us, it looks like Jack and Deuce are about the same age so they should have a great time together!

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
You might meet up with some nice dog owners thru the Chesapeake Kennel Club of Maryland which is located in Calvert County.
::: CKC Homepage :::

·
Registered
74 Posts
We can definitely make it to Annapolis, weekends work best for us, it looks like Jack and Deuce are about the same age so they should have a great time together!

Let me know if you guys meet in Annapolis on a weekend. I can meet up there with my 6.5 month old and I'm sure my parents would meet up there as well with their puppy (my pups littermate).

Sounds like we'd have at least 4 GSD pups all around 6.5 months old. Let's make this happen!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts