German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I'm a proud parent of a few furbabies, 1 lab, 1 full GSD and my baby which is half shepherd and half husky. I had my first shepherd at 20 and sadly she got cancer after 18 years and I had to put her down. I've opened my heart to all my furbabies but my soon to be 3 year old has stole my whole heart. I got him neutered recently and found this site. I'm just praying he heals without any infection etc. He's in great spirits but wants to lick so badly. I've been staying up with him and keeping him from it and as comfortable as I can. Any information is appreciated and welcomed. Thank you all ?

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Welcome to the forum Mary Ann! I don't have any specific advice for your boy, but just keep him comfortable and give him time to heal...it doesn't take too long, so just hang in there! I'm sure we'd all love to see pictures when you're able!

·
Registered
875 Posts
Welcome to the forum.....males usually recover quickly (without complications) after neutering....some try to return immediately to a wide open pace when playing and we have to rein them in for a week or so...as far as him licking I'd get a "cone" for him to wear....the surgery area will heal quicker without his mouth...lol

·
Registered
118 Posts
The cone is a good idea, unless you have a pet door.... I recently saw a collar made from large pool noodle slices, placed on the collar. I guess it is similar to the blow up collar that allows them to get through doorways without incident. Just google 'pool noodle collar' to see it. Cheap and a little more manageable than the traditional medical cones.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts