German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
- For me, he loved it..
This is my friend's new dog... I don't know who owned him last but I want to beat them.
Aside from being a good 30lbs overweight, his skin is in horrifying condition, he has some kind of big crusty abscess under his tail that makes him crazy, and he's too fat to turn around and chew at it. His hips hurt him. Behind both ears are open sores where he's been scratching and he has cuts that look like they're from being shaved in the past.

On a normal cocker this type of cut would have taken me an hour or so, with him it took over two hours and his dead skin kept clogging the blades, then I let him swim in the salt water to calm his skin, then a flea treatment bath, then two regular baths(where I had to scrub more dead skin off) and antibiotic ointments/itch relief powder and I had to go around all of his feet with a pair of scissors because he was scared of the clippers on his feet.... Through all of it he was very, very good, though he kept getting really uncomfortable and trying to reach his bottom..

That hump on his hind end is FAT.

After.

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He weighs over 50 pounds, but should probably weigh about 25.. maybe.

That in it's own is abuse.

The last owner said all of the old sores, skin problems, and even the huge leaking THING under his tail are form a reaction he had to his last bath - yeah right, try again.. This dog has been miserable for a long time.

He LOOOVEES swimming. He immediately took the the water, he must enjoy the weight being off his joints.. I'll try to convince his owner to bring him here so he can wim once a day or so.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Ahhh he's cute. He looks like a Marly too. He deservis a good home :)

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm hoping they will get the weight off of him... He has a lot of energy in him, but he cannot do anything about it.

My little one, Sparkles, is 9 and she was running circles around him trying to make him play, and he couldn't, because the walk from the car to the porch left him exhausted.

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Wow. He is so cute! At least he is in good hands now.

·
Registered
5,840 Posts
Poor boy. I bet he feels much better now. You did a great job on him. He is adorable. I agree - I hope your friend puts him on a diet. He will be much happier and healthier. Thank goodness he is now in a caring home.

(Yeah. I think you should beat the previous owner too. Go ahead!)

·
Registered
438 Posts
What a difference! Already starting to look better....

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I actually was borderline disliking of cocker spaniels... but Marely and Sally (their other cocker spaniel) are just so loving and sweet it's made me really like them. He was a really good boy, that was the first time he met me and I had to do a LOT of uncomfortable and intrusive things to him.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts