German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I previously owned a Jack Russell Terrier for 3 years from the time she was taken from her mother. She was my baby. It was just her and I against the world. She went everywhere with me including across country, she slept in my bed etc etc...About 2 years ago I had to move somewhere that I could not bring her with me. My friend Nikki then adopter her. Nikki has 4 other Jack Russells. Peanut LOVES living at Nikki's. She can run free out in the country and chase all the squirrels she wants. I also go and visit her often and she knows that I'm her momma away from home. This is why I did not bring her to my new home. I got Schindler my GSD on Halloween this year. He is 2 years old and quickly became my new "baby". My friend Nikki and I decided to introduce Peanut and Schindler last night. She brought Peanut over and I have never seen anything like this......

Peanut has not been aggressive a single day in her life. Schindler has never peed in the house. When we introduced them Peanut decided she was going to snap at Schindler every time he came close and Schindler decided he was in turn going to mark his territory by cocking his leg and peeing on my things. After constant supervision and correction they started to get used to each other, even gave each other kisses. And by the end of the night they were both laying on the same couch with me in the middle, they were good as long as I had 1 hand on each of them. I'm pretty sure they had issues because they were both upset that they had to share me. It's like the wife finding out about the other woman I guess......

Do you think after time their relationship would grow? I would love to be able to have both of them now that I am in a wonderful location for dogs.

·
Registered
508 Posts
possibly. my gsd (female) and my border X (altered male) are both very jelous of me. They seem to get along pretty well together now, but they weren't very happy with each other when I first adopted the gsd. You have to keep vigilant when they are together and watch them like a hawk, that should minimize the chance of having to take one to the vet to get sewed up.

Both of those two think it's some sort of contest to see who can out mark the other. Neither will do it in the house now (thank goodness) but outside.... oh brother. :crazy:

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
you moved but you couldn't take the jack Russel with you
but you got another dog. what's wrong with that picture?
now you want the Jack Russel. what changed?

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I moved into a place where I could not have a dog. I lived there for two years and the jack russell stayed with my friend Nikki. She loves it there. She is with other jack russells and can run free because Nikki lives out in the country. I recently moved into a house where I can have dogs again. I have a huge fenced in yard but Peanut(the jack russell) is an escape artist and the yard is not really small dog compatible.There are spots where a small dog would be able to get under the house or sneak through little gaps in the fence. Because she is so happy where she is we decided that she would stay there. I adopted my GSD because he was in need of a home. When we introduced her to my GSD we were just testing to see if it would ever be a possiblity to have her move in too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts