1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Franz (Neutered)

German Shepherd Dog: An adoptable dog in Marietta, OH

Large • Adult • Male

javascript:void(window.open('http:/...=100,screenx=200,screeny=100,scrollbars=no')) http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/17766599?printer_friendly=1 javascript:void(0); http://www.facebook.com/share.php?u...Neutered)-German Shepherd Dog-Dog-Marietta-OH
"Franz" is a gorgeous 7-year old male German Shepherd who came to the HSOV on October 26, 2010 after he was picked up in Warren Township (State Route 550) by the Washington County Dog Warden. "Franz" was wearing a special collar when he was brought to the shelter but unfortunately there was neither an id tag nor a dog tag to help us locate his owner. This distinguished gentleman appears to be a purebred German Shepherd, so surely his owner will be frantically searching for him. We are posting his photos on our website and Facebook pages in hopes that someone will recognize him. "Franz" has a black/brown medium smooth coat, a long bushy tail, and a classic German Shepherd face. "Franz" walks well on a leash and knows some basic commands. He sat quietly for several photos before showing off his physique and gorgeous face :) "Franz" has already been neutered. In the unlikely event...

"

Read More about this Pet
Read Less
More about Franz (Neutered)

Pet ID: 28082 • Spayed/Neutered
Franz (Neutered)'s Contact Info

Humane Society of the Ohio Valley, Marietta, OH
  • 740-373-5959

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
gorgeous boy (or should I say man?) sure he will go quick if the owner doesn't adopt him. So he's obviously been taught leash manners and some other stuff appears to be WL since hes a dark sable so is there seriously nothing to identify him no tattoo microchip nothing? Someone hopefully is out there looking for him and will find him if not hopefully he doesn't become urgent when hes available for adoption.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Called, left message.......

We are about 1.5 hrs from there. He is just stunning. :wub:

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Jen are you looking to rescue him or just foster him? Would love to know what you hear from the shelter if he doesn't get snagged quickly (which he should) we would be interested in him possibly obviously would need a bit more temperment issue though.

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
WOWZA! What a drop dead gorgeous boy - he looks well cared for too, surely someone will come looking for him.....

Anja SchH3 GSD
Conor GSD
Blue BH WH T1 GSD - waiting at the Bridge :angel:

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Oh. Mah. Gawd. He's GORGEOUS.

Someone's lookin' for him I bet.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Jen are you looking to rescue him or just foster him? Would love to know what you hear from the shelter if he doesn't get snagged quickly (which he should) we would be interested in him possibly obviously would need a bit more temperment issue though.
While I'm seeking a sable GSD *someday*, I would rather do a pup. Looking for one to raise into the sport of agility. Hope to get one someday as hunky as him, he sure is a looker. :wub:

I have not heard back. I just was throwing we lived fairly close if any help I could provide.

Stated he was wearing a special collar, thinking maybe a e-collar & might have been on a deer chase...... :confused: Around that time of the yr here ! I sure bet he is reclaimed, but we'll see.

I will post if I hear anything back.............. ;)

·
Registered
751 Posts
Yes, stunningly gorgeous. Yet let's keep in mind that most of the shelter dogs that are less well kept, or even in poor condition, will soon look stunningly beautiful, too!

Once they have good food, are cleaned inside and outside, a new coat has grown, they feel feel safe, are given training and tasks, and are treated with consistency and respect.

The transformation happens fast, and comments quickly change from 'how sad' to 'gorgeous, where did you get him from?'

I am sure Franz will be reclaimed or adopted quickly – while adopters might hesitate to take a dog who will take a few weeks before he can shine. But, hey, it's just a few weeks of beefing up, and the result is such a happy one!

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
run you are so right about that when we did foster care we always took the severely emaciated cases (I'm really good at fattening things up my husbands proof lmao) It's amazing how sad and frail they come in but just a few weeks sometimes just a few days of some good care and TLC and you see a completely different dog.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Has anyone heard anything on this boy? I have contacted the shelter but heard nothing back and hes still on petfinder.. Anyone??

·
Registered
751 Posts
PF listing changed to 'Lost/Found'
Hopefully claimed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts