German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Berlin" is a gorgeous 4-year old female German Shepherd who was surrendered by her owner on December 20, 2010. This magnificent girl has a black/tan short smooth coat, a long bushy tail, and a beautiful classic German Shepherd face. "Berlin" has previously been kept indoors and is housebroken. Her owner told us that she plays well witih children and has a friendly, outgoing personality. "Berlin" doesn't do very well with other dogs and would like to find a home where she could be the 'only child'. She has already been spayed, is microchipped, is up-to-date on vaccinations including rabies, and has tested negative for heartworm. "Berlin" weighs ~75 lbs.

Humane Society of the Ohio Valley, Marietta, OH
  • 740-373-5959
Petfinder Adoptable Dog | German Shepherd Dog | Marietta, OH | Berlin (Spayed)

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Bump!!

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
Hu. This kind of has to be this dog, no? Same surrender date, same city/state, same issues.
The dog in the other post was said to be 3 years old, and the OP (not the owner) had had her for 6 weeks. It's true they do sound very similar, and the OP's DH wanted her gone "immediately" - but I guess only the OP can tell us for sure.... this girl certainly looks happy considering her situation...

Anja SchH3 GSD
Conor GSD
Blue BH WH T1 GSD - waiting at the Bridge :angel:

·
Registered
184 Posts
Not the owner? I understood the OP *was* the owner who'd adopted the dog from the shelter and had her for 6 weeks. Did I misunderstand and she was just fostering?

Doesn't really matter I guess, actually! I just thought they sounded remarkably similar, looked almost identical, and with the exception of the shelter now saying 4 years and she having said 3, sounded like the same dog. Even the OS date.

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
Not the owner? I understood the OP *was* the owner who'd adopted the dog from the shelter and had her for 6 weeks. Did I misunderstand and she was just fostering?

Doesn't really matter I guess, actually! I just thought they sounded remarkably similar, looked almost identical, and with the exception of the shelter now saying 4 years and she having said 3, sounded like the same dog. Even the OS date.
Yup you are right! She was a rescue initially so that does make the OP the owner.

Anja SchH3 GSD
Conor GSD

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yes, this is the same dog. I fostered her for two weeks and then had to officially rescue her because that is all the time the shelter gives you under foster care. She is a wonderful dog and you can get more details on the other thread.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Berlin was reserved and adopted right after she was surrendered. We checked daily and there was a commitment for her the very next day. A couple from Pittsburgh with no other animals. They were made aware of all her issues and the placement looked very positive.

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
Berlin was reserved and adopted right after she was surrendered. We checked daily and there was a commitment for her the very next day. A couple from Pittsburgh with no other animals. They were made aware of all her issues and the placement looked very positive.
Thank you for the update Otto's Mom - hope it works out for her, she sounds like a very nice dog for the right people.

Anja SchH3 GSD
Conor GSD

1 - 11 of 11 Posts