German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How has the agression been coming?
Better I think. It has been hit and miss. Off leash dog came up to her and she wanted to have nothing of it. It was 8 month old lab that wanted to play. Maple was on long leash but I pulled her in. The kid with the other dog came running over and got his dog. She would have bit the dog if it came up to her face again like it did at first. I was able to deescalate it enough so that didn't happen. We had to go because Maple was not going to settle down. Another instance lady with older dog was ok with attempting a greet. It went well. Uneasy but nothing like other instance and got nose to nose and wanted to play.. She is fine at a distance. She may watch but she doesn't get overly excited or aggressive . But if you face her up and focus on her she is going to bark at the person or dog.. This happened once to a person who tried greeting her under my rules but Maple would just sniff feet and back up barking. Later same women came near by and Maple barked she turned back to talk and I think Maple felt she was more of a threat that time. Another time man and woman walking their old dog while we were on long leash. They stopped to talk. Maple would bark at them but nothing aggressive that I could tell. We later headed on down to the fenced area where no one was and we happen to catch back up to them. They were on the side walk still. Maple took a big dump. I forgot my bags and hollered at them to see if they had extra. They did. Man came up to the fence to to hand them to me and Maple came up to the fence with no hesitation to greet him and he held is hand down low open to her and she licked it all over and then jumped up on the fence to get more affection. She walks by people on the side walk with no problem, inches away. She has had a neighbor dog growl and bark at her suddenly from under a bush and she didn't flinch I told her good girl and we moved on walking. No bite attempts except for snapping at the lab that ran up to her but we have also been way more cautious. She is definitely worried about kids still and we have turned them away and keep our distance.. She is on pinch collar now at recommendation of Trainer but I've also been long leash walking her on a 25 foot leash. I have had to work with her on getting the collar on so it is not lose. Her go to move when she doesn't want to do something is throw her self to the floor just like a kid. I have found if I get her in down position some how her head position is way better and less tense to get the collar on and since she is already down no throwing herself down. Training with the Trainer got interrupted by work we had going on at our house and now the pandemic. I really think she is going to get better as she gets more confidence. We just keep working on it and her training. We love her though and we are getting all the puppy cuteness and craziness. It is actually helping with the shelter at home.

Petra thanks for asking. She is now 5 months and getting big.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts