German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I was watching Animal Planets Animal cops show. They showed a horder whos 17 dogs were all covered in Mange-they have virtually no hair left on them. It was said that she brought home one with 'skin problems and next thing she knew it they all had skin problems'. I don't know how true that would be but thats not why I'm asking. Apparently they had both types of Mange-I forgot the names. My question is 'is that what happens?' Is Mange something that spreads from one dog to another? The reason I'm asking is one of the types of dogs I focus on for rescue is these special needs dogs with mange. I'm just wondering what I am asking people to take. In other words am I asking people to take dogs that could spread this awful condition? Its not so much that I'll stop working these dogs but I think it would help me to understand more of what I'm dealing with.
Thanks for you help.

·
Registered
6,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great info...thank you all.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.