German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/palmbeach/sfl-flpbestiality0515pnmay15,0,5628426.story

FL: 2 GSDs Repeatedly Raped/ County Wants Custody/Bestiality Law Now

Palm Beach Gardens man accused of sexually assaulting 2 dogs

County wants permanent custody of 2 pets

By Mark Hollis
South Florida Sun-Sentinel

11:33 PM EDT

May 14, 2008

Two black-and-tan German shepherds have been put in the care of animal
welfare workers as authorities investigate a Palm Beach Gardens man
accused of sexually assaulting the dogs.

Palm Beach County Animal Care and Control officials on Wednesday asked a judge to give the county permanent custody of the pets.

County attorney Shannon Fox said in court papers that the man, who lives in an apartment with his mother, had repeatedly performed sexual acts with the dogs.

No arrest had been made by Wednesday evening but "an ongoing
investigation" is under way, according to a Palm Beach County Sheriff'sOffice spokeswoman.

An animal custody hearing will take place May 29.

Neither the man or his mother could be reached for comment despite calls to their residence.

Officials said the investigation, which began more than a week ago,
prompted renewed calls for a law making it a felony for people to have sex with animals.

Florida is one of about 20 states with no specific law prohibiting such acts.

Outlawing bestiality, legislators say, would make it easier for law
enforcement officials and prosecutors to clamp down on sexual abuse of
animals.

Since 2001, there have been at least a dozen documented cases in
Florida.

This spring, state Sen. Nan Rich, D-Weston, filed legislation aimed at preventing anyone from knowingly committing bestiality, knowingly causing or aiding another person to have sex with an animal, or knowingly permitting sex with an animal.

Rich filed the legislation, in part, because she has seen academic
evidence that there is a direct correlation between animal abuse and child abuse.

The legislation passed one legislative committee.

Rich said the struggle for passage of the legislation centers on the
taboo subject and graphic nature of the acts.

"I think people are just uncomfortable with the subject matter," she
said Wednesday.

"It's just unfortunate that there's just not more ways to prosecute
these atrocious acts, because there is so much evidence that they are an indicator of other sexual deviant crimes."

Mark Hollis can be reached at:

[email protected] sentinel.com

561-228-5512.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Re: Man in FL accused of sexually assulting 2 GSD dogs

People are sick!

·
Registered
5,373 Posts

That's disgusting.
Poor dogs.
What a sicko.

There was a kid in my neighborhood that did this to a dog he was letting out while the owners were on vacation. The dog ended up having to be put down due to internal injuries.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts

That is horrible!!! I just don't understand how people can be so sick and twisted!!

·
Banned
1,829 Posts

SICK SOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,262 Posts

CHRIS, you are kidding me???? In your neighbourhood? OMG!

·
Registered
4,165 Posts

OMG, this is where my DD recently moved to. This is so sick, I can't understand how there is no law against this. Does that mean that he can just be free to harm other innocent dogs?

·
Registered
913 Posts

what an awful person to do this to a helpless creature- he should be treated the same as a pedophile. But, then again, they usually don't get the punishment they deserve, either!

·
Registered
4,520 Posts

I need to

I don't undertand why this is not a felony either. !?

·
Registered
123 Posts

That's just plain ole sick! I hope the perv gets what he deserves. But if he does not get through the courts, he'll get it some other way....I firmly believe you eventually reap what you sow.

·
Registered
12,829 Posts

Sick F***. Hope it comes back to him 3 times over in prison.

·
Registered
642 Posts

There was a guy I went to school with that did it with a cat and video taped it. He was drunk and was hosting a party. The tape got copyed and passed around school and people were calling his parents house with death threats. They moved after that really quickly for some reason.

·
Registered
73 Posts

We do not except it with our children so why should we except it with our animals. What is the difference? People like that make me sick and the poor dogs,where are they going to end up? it just makes me so mad

·
Registered
16,424 Posts

·
Registered
18,371 Posts

That is horrid! Poor dogs!

·
Registered
2,190 Posts

My friends husband raised Paint Horses and oneday he noticed the little "filly" part of his 2 month old foal was swollen and a little bloody, the vet came out and they were baffled, they put the filly on antibiotics thinking it was an infection. One night he came out to the barn to check on a different horse that was colicing, and found the stable helpers holding the filly against a wall while another a-hole was raping her!

·
Registered
2 Posts
The abuse has been given to the one who only has sex with a different species. Human animals who wear clothing are calling for death, and or imprisonment of zoos by chanting the equivalent of Crucify him. That is abuse. The abuse in California, and other states directed at the sexualities, and zoosexuals must come to an end now!

John 4 ,12,
If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us

Matthew 24:12:King James Bible
And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

I see no love being given to the zoosexual, bestialist. Therefore this verse proves the one who have iniquity are the ones against the one who has sex with another species not judging themselves.

1 Corinthians 11:31,King James Bible
For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged.
Get the picture haters of the one who only has sex with a different species?

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
I honestly can not believe a gsd would allow a man to do that. Dharma would have bitten his thingie off and not looked back!!

·
Registered
9,025 Posts
I think this article was a little out of sync with research and writing the article. The article was published on May 14 after both the house and senate unanimously passed the bill so quotes of people demanding a law is a moot point. Of course passing of the bills will not diectly help the dogs in question in that their attacker can not be charged with his actions under this soon to be law.

May 4, the House passed 115-0 SB 344 which was voted on and passed unanimously in the Senate on March 24. It was presented to Gov. Scott to sign on May 17 and slated to go into effect October 1, 2011.

Now we can only hope that the other states with no such law will follow.

From the FL Senate website:

The bill creates s. 828.126, F.S.
The bill prohibits, as a first-degree misdemeanor, knowingly engaging in sexual conduct or contact with an animal. Sexual conduct and sexual contact are defined in the bill. It also prohibits, with the same penalty, knowingly:
  • aiding or abetting another in committing the conduct or contact;
  • permitting the acts to be conducted on one’s premises; or
  • organizing, promoting, participating as an observer in, or performing services to facilitate the acts for commercial or recreational purposes.
Accepted animal husbandry practices, conformation judging practices, and accepted veterinary medical practices are specifically exempted from prosecution under the bill.
If approved by the Governor, these provisions take effect October 1, 2011.
Vote: Senate 38-0; House 115-0

1 - 20 of 29 Posts