German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SICK. Just plain sick. Story doesn't offer many details, but the info is more than enough to make my stomach turn. THIS is the type of person that ends up spree killing and murdering people...I hope he gets put away for a while for this. I'm sure he won't, though.

Man accused of strangling, chopping up, cooking puppy - CNN.com

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
I"m not even going to read the link, it's horrible and disgusting to even think about it:(

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
Not going to read the article either.

But you are right, people that can do this to an animal are a public safety concern.

Even some of the most heinous killers out there could not harm an animal.

Stories like this remind me of Jeffrey Dahmer. His childhood with animals was very vile.

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
I read the link, there is very little information.

While I don't think that, strangling the puppy is right, I can't sit here and tell myself its so "wrong" and "sick" it is to eat a dog, when its the norm for some cultures.

Why is a dog different than a cow, chicken or pig? Because one is a pet and one is livestock? I have seen some cows, chicken and pigs make GREAT family pets, and they are smart, and can bond and be a pet just as easily as a dog. We've had pet chickens, they were awesome, but no one cries when its their time for the chopping block.

Back to the original story. Again, there is very little information. Is this man poor? Is he starving? Is he mentally handicap? Is he insane? So many questions, and no answers to them.

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
Nah, he's not getting a pass from me. Looks like his family isn't either as they called police. He's also being charged with animal cruelty.

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
Sometimes there's not more information needed. It makes sense to want to know more because we can't comprehend his actions. But some people are just mentally ill or plain just cruel.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
UGH. :mad: People are so effed up in the head sometimes. This is gross, and who cares if the guy is poor or starving! Strangling? Chopping up? COOKING A PUPPY?!! Go eat some wild fruit or go catch some fish. :mad:

·
Registered
951 Posts
I read the link, there is very little information.

While I don't think that, strangling the puppy is right, I can't sit here and tell myself its so "wrong" and "sick" it is to eat a dog, when its the norm for some cultures.

Why is a dog different than a cow, chicken or pig? Because one is a pet and one is livestock? I have seen some cows, chicken and pigs make GREAT family pets, and they are smart, and can bond and be a pet just as easily as a dog. We've had pet chickens, they were awesome, but no one cries when its their time for the chopping block.

Back to the original story. Again, there is very little information. Is this man poor? Is he starving? Is he mentally handicap? Is he insane? So many questions, and no answers to them.

I agree. We live in a place where dogs and horses are catered to... only because they are beloved pets. Over seas they are nothing but flea ridden rabies factories that harm people. In China they eat any where from 18 to 80 million dogs a year. Thats like saying monkey brains or lion for dinner. Not everyone's cup of tea but we eat chicken, cow, turkey, rabbit, duck, octopus, squid, ALL fish, eel, skunk, bear, moose, etc etc etc. Whilst I understand the revulsion because I wouldnt want to eat my dog, I dont and wont say its wrong because its not common place here.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Strangling? Chopping up? COOKING A PUPPY?!! Go eat some wild fruit or go catch some fish. :mad:
So, its ok then to catch, kill, chop up, and skin a fish while cooking it over a camp fire, because you are ok with that?:rolleyes:

Glad you are the leading authority over whats acceptable for people to eat, I will PM you later to go over dinner selections.

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
Yeah, but he's in the US where in most states this is illegal. Not sure of Florida law.

This was his mom's companion dog...come on.

·
Registered
942 Posts
In china and Korea they do NOT eat rotties, goldens or shepherds. There are specific "mutt" style dogs that are specifically bred as "food" and they do have dogs that are beloved family pets- usually they are small breeds. American style dogs have meat that is too muscular and tough for eating (I was stationed in Korea for a year and had lengthy conversations regarding dogs as food with the population). They ship them around and store them the same way we do with cows/pigs/chickens. In a unit I belonged in we had some of our softie SRT guys go "black ops" and rescue eight of those dogs- great dogs after all was said and done, appeared to be some version of mastif/st Bernard cross, they were rather large. For Christmas I was very depressed and had some friends snag me a bull terrier who turned out to be a great companion/protector.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
951 Posts
Yeah, but he's in the US where in most states this is illegal. Not sure of Florida law.

This was his mom's companion dog...come on.
I am not discounting this but the story doesnt say anything about that. I am arguing only based on the presented information below. A man ate A dog. Someone in the family objected and called the police. With out more information I cant really be disgusted because I grew up and raise my kids on a farm. Food is food. Dog is like saying snails or hagus, I wouldnt want to eat them, but just based on a food. I am not shocked.

(CNN) -- A Florida man is accused of strangling a family puppy, chopping it into pieces and cooking its ribs on the stove, Tampa police said.
Thomas Elliot Huggins, 25, was arrested Thursday after a family member called police.
"When officers arrived, they found the dog's ribs cooked in a pot on the stove," Tampa police said. "The dog's head was in the garbage."
Huggins had strangled the 5- to 6-month-old puppy and chopped it into quarters, storing pieces in the freezer for future meals, authorities said.
He was arrested on suspicion of animal cruelty. Animal control officials took the remains of the puppy.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
I dont think he was poor or starving. He was probably on drugs or messed up in the head. If I was his mother I would leave him in jail.

·
Registered
951 Posts
If the guy did just take his mother's dog and cook it for dinner ie no extenuating circumstances or anything else, if it were me and my son ate my dog I leave him in jail and let him rot.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

1 - 20 of 39 Posts