German Shepherds Forum banner

Male vs. Female GSD

3K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  arycrest 
#1 ·
I searched for this on the forums but nothing came up. I was hoping for a discussion on here about general differences between male vs female GSD. Now I know no two dogs are the same but if we can make general observations about the general differences between the two sexes i feel we can help others (ie me) make more appropriate decisions on which sex would be better off for each individual new owner.

#11 ·
As a woman (and the alpha bitch at my house) i prefer males. I find a male to be less challenging to me because he can never be in charge. The females always seem to want my spot at the top.

#12 ·
GIRL DOGS ROCK!

But I think the males are easier. They do stuff for you just cause you ask, the girl dogs tend to look at you and say 'why?'!

#14 ·
GIRL DOGS ROCK!

But I think the males are easier. They do stuff for you just cause you ask, the girl dogs tend to look at you and say 'why?'!

I have had the exact opposite experience, but in most of the threads I have noticed that most say males are easier. But I have only had two female GSD's and one male GSD...with the male being significantly more "difficult" hehe. So it is probably just him. :)

#13 ·
Oh I like my girlie dogs too, but I really have a soft spot for those boys..

#15 ·
I love both the sexes, but I prefer males and I've always found the boys easier to live with. Currently I have three males, one bitch. Little Faith keeps me on my toes more than the three boys put together.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.