German Shepherds Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have to say this is a COMPLETE FIRST for me and I have NEVER experienced this in any of my intact, male GSD that I have had throughout the last 30 years of my life......or maybe I just never saw them actually do it. I don't even want to describe what happened, it's so gross. My husband on the other hand thought it was COMPLETELY hilarious...I didn't at the time and was floored.

This afternoon while getting ready to go out in the back yard for a day of swimming (after our walk and frisbee playing) my husband and I were talking at the kitchen table then all of the sudden I saw Bacchus do this strange movement At first I thought he was having a seizure (there is a question or not whether he has a thyroid problem which hopefully we will get the answer to in about a week's time) anyway after the first initial shock of, "oh my god he is having a seizure" to NO, WAY he is doing what I think he is doing. I watched in shock as his back began to arch and hips were gyrating and well to put it bluntly his pink manhood stood at attention was about to be in ecstasy .. Oh my god he did not just do that on my kitchen floor!!! No way, it can't be. Well he did!!

I have NEVER, EVER seen any of my male GSD do such thing (or at least never caught them) and am actually embarrassed that I witnessed such a thing (although I guess it is kind of funny, I suppose). Is this normal for an intact, GSD to do within their domain??? I am at a loss and am really grossed out by this. Oh and by the way he has never marked inside our home nor has he ever done the humpage thing (again that I know of) but it's only me, my husband and the children (and Bacchus is never totally unsupervised with my 10 month old son) and my 4 yr. old daughter would definitely tell me if Bacchus ever did try that to her.

·
Registered
31,877 Posts
:popcorn:

Well, my boys never actually did that. Dubya tried to hump my dad's leg one time and never tried that again.

Rushie used to display all his family jewels at least once during each training class session.

I do not remember any arched back though, just letting it all hang out.

Quite embarrassing.

Oh the remarks.

At least everything is working properly.

This is one of the nice things of having all girls now.

·
Registered
68 Posts
So one of my dogs is actually neutered and sometimes in the morning I wake up to him air humping with a vengeance! It's like he is possessed! It's pretty hilarious..

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
My Niki did it once at a friend's house when he was about 14 or 15 months old. We just about fell over laughing ... I mean, what can you say. He was in a crate sleeping, woke up, stood up and did it.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Air humping is a lot more common than you obviously think!! :) Our neutered male cat even does it. I've seen lots of dogs do it. It's really kinda shocking and hilarious all at once.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Air humping is a lot more common than you obviously think!! :) Our neutered male cat even does it. I've seen lots of dogs do it. It's really kinda shocking and hilarious all at once.
Mine air humps his giant Tigger stuffed animal whenever I'm on the phone.....guess it's kinda not "air" humping, I mean he is really givin her to the doll!!!!!:blush: Don't know if it is similar to attention seeking in humans, but every time the phone rings....you guessed it!

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Mine air humps his giant Tigger stuffed animal whenever I'm on the phone.....guess it's kinda not "air" humping, I mean he is really givin her to the doll!!!!!:blush: Don't know if it is similar to attention seeking in humans, but every time the phone rings....you guessed it!
Maybe he's heard about phone sex and just thinks it's what's expected?? :D

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It was not just actually "air humping" :rolleyes: there was actual bodilyfluid released...............ummm and gross spermage that was let out all over my kitchen floor and of course who got to clean it up??? :sick: I just hope my 4 yr. old daughter does not witness this.. :blush: :D

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
It was not just actually "air humping" :rolleyes: there was actual bodilyfluid released...............ummm and gross spermage that was let out all over my kitchen floor and of course who got to clean it up??? :sick: I just hope my 4 yr. old daughter does not witness this.. :blush: :D
Ejaculation can happen that way normally too. Your daughter either may not even notice or would probably think he is peeing. I hope. :eek:

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
HAHAHA!! That is hilarious! My 6 month old humps his mattress when I sweep the floor because I won't let him attack the broom.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ejaculation can happen that way normally too. Your daughter either may not even notice or would probably think he is peeing. I hope. :eek:
Would have never imagine that....I mean if the dog is actually humping something physical fine I can understand...But air?? Talk about sensitivity, wow! ****, Bacchus must have a lot of pent up energy...No wonder why I play frisbee with him for hours no matter how much he is panting...:D Welcome to teenager stage, I suppose. :rolleyes:

I hope that would be the case if she ever does witness it because she is a bit too young to know what it is, he is exactly doing. ;)

·
2,967 Posts
Yep. I will admit concern when I saw Ike out on the porch one morning. I was this close to calling my vet because I too had never seen such a thing. I called a breeder I knew instead...talk about an embarrassing conversation.

I just hosed off the porch...It doesn't seem to be a real regular event.

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
Tex was a champion air humper. But with the example I gave earlier with Niki it was different. I'm not sure how to say this and still be lady like. In my example with Niki he had a full, 100% erection - it was huge - kind of like a canine version of John Holmes. When Tex air humped his pillow (he loved carrying his pillow around with him) he didn't have a full erection.

·
Registered
529 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Never witnessed the air humping with none of my boys but Mr. Gustav the other day... Oh I still want to strangle my husband over this... Long story short: DH is at home (laid off and going back to school in the Fall) mowing the lawn going back and forth from the backyard to the front. Big ol' 7 ft fence with gate and all. He *THINKS* he closed the gate. THINKS!!!!! *breath... breath...* Mr Gus darts through the cracked-open gate and runs 9, I repeat, 9 blocks after a female in heat. N-I-N-E blocks. All was well, my husband caught him (Gus is my perfect guy, always listens and such but the ladies' scent...), but my point here is: Gus is neutered, has never done IT, and that delish pheromone thang grabbed that 90 pound dog's nose like nothing we've ever seen before.

·
Registered
5,991 Posts
Oh yes....both of our neutered males do the same thing. I've never actually witnessed "completion" on the floor and hopefully won't, but they do at times lick themselves clean so something must be occuring....

I would just tell your daughter he had a potty accident if she sees it and questions it. No need to make it any more difficult than that. Just tell her he's playing if she questions the humping motion.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Joey's an intact six year old. We gave him a stuffed bear to play with; he immediately started whipping it from side to side, then started humping it! We stopped him from "completing" the act, but we don't know whether to laugh or be mortified.

We now call the bear "Mr. Humpy".

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Male dogs aren't the only ones who do this...we had a male Gold Cap Conure who would do it on my shoulder! EEEEeeeeewwwww! I was his woman. It was horrifyingly funny at the time. He was really attracted to me...the feelings were not mutual. :)

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
TJ would air hump (not to completion) and would get this horribly embarassed look on his face then go and hide when he was done. Usually happened when he got very excited when we came home after being gone for a long time. Poor guy looked like he had NO clue what was going on. And he was also neutered.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.