German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! This will be my very first GSD puppy! I've been on a waitlist and got a call today that mom had puppies and I'm next on the list! There are two males, both she believes will be bi-color. She said this will be a D litter. Looking for very unique names! Thank you!

·
Premium Member
11,131 Posts
Danger

Dagger

Demolition aka Demo

Lee

·
Super Moderator
5,385 Posts
Dave, LOL

Mrs Sadat (Anwar Sadat's window) used to have a black lab that was named Dave after the movie "Dave". He was a pretty good dog, but ate all the goldfish out of her fountain. Just a bit of trivia. :nerd:

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
If I was to get a puppy, I'd pick a name that had 2 syllables and sounded dignified, but still made me smile, every time I used it. D names for me would be:

Duncan
Doogal
Digger Australian and New Zealand slang ....'Digger' and 'dig' were used by soldiers as friendly terms of address equivalent to 'cobber' and 'mate' ... The term has tended to be defined in high-value laden ways ... 'a man for whom freedom, comradeship, a wide tolerance, and a strong sense of the innate worth of man, count for more than all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory in them.'
A G Butler, The Digger: A Study in Democracy, 1945 in The Oxford Companion to Australian Military History, p 213

·
Super Moderator
6,270 Posts
Denali
Dax
Delaney
Dupre
Dudley
Dinah
Drake
Dallin
Dynasty
Desiree
Danika
Dew
Dorian
Duran
DeVaney
Dutch
Desmond

·
Registered
22 Posts
Daedric
Dweezil
Darby
Deacon
Didgeridoo
Dalton
Darraign
Devoir
Debonair
Droll

Excited to see pictures of your pup! let us know what name you decide on!

Callahan

·
Registered
4,953 Posts
Hi everyone! This will be my very first GSD puppy! I've been on a waitlist and got a call today that mom had puppies and I'm next on the list! There are two males, both she believes will be bi-color. She said this will be a D litter. Looking for very unique names! Thank you!
Different.

It is literally unique.

·
Registered
159 Posts
There are probably several million dogs named "Diesel". You could try "Damit" ,seems pretty common around dogs. LOL

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks everyone!! I do like demetri and Dakota however I don't like that they're three syllables! Since I'll be getting him in October I would love a Halloween/horror/scary name :)

·
Super Moderator
16,483 Posts
Thanks everyone!! I do like demetri and Dakota however I don't like that they're three syllables! Since I'll be getting him in October I would love a Halloween/horror/scary name :)
Draco

1 - 20 of 23 Posts