German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our boy Tyson is just shy of 10 weeks old i have attached an image, as first time dog owners im not sure what is the healthy weight range last vet check a week ago he was 5.5kg he has gained weight since then after we started giving him brisket bone daily instead of chicken necks.
He appears happy and healthy

Attachments

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
Puppies should be lean as they're growing. If you can feel but not see his ribs that's a good sign he's a good weight. You'll probably have to add and cut back on portions several times until his growth slows down

·
Registered
7,275 Posts
Tyson looks good in the picture. My 2 females "self regulated". We fed kibble usually topped with some raw beef or chicken. They ate what they wanted and left the rest. Our male (8 months) will eat till he pops, so we have to watch his weight/appearance more closely.

·
Registered
13,884 Posts
5.5 kgs is just over 12 pounds and that is a good weight for a 10 week old pup.
chicken necks are probably the better option -- more meat , natural chondroitin for pup's own connective tissue, softer bone that he can consume .

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
we tried chicken necks and he dangerously swallows them whole thats why we opted for the larger brisket bone, he loves them

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tyson weighed in at 7.2kg today, tomorrow he will be 10 weeks old. he is growing beautifully :)

·
Registered
79 Posts
My boy was around 7kg at 10 weeks. He will be 16 weeks on Monday and today he weighed in at 14.1kg :)

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
brisket bone is beef bone. beef bones are hard. is digesting
beef bones ok for a dog?

Our boy Tyson is just shy of 10 weeks old i have attached an image, as first time dog owners im not sure what is the healthy weight range last vet check a week ago he was 5.5kg he has gained weight since then after we started giving him

>>>> brisket bone<<<<

daily instead of chicken necks.
He appears happy and healthy

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
its my understanding brisket bone is a soft bone, one in which they can eat the entire thing without it causing harm. Correct me if im wrong?? Tyson has regular bowel movements daily and they are healthy ones neither too loose or too firm :)

·
Registered
252 Posts
People come in all sizes and shapes... My girl just turned one last week and is very lean only 54 pds...but amazingly fast. My boy and 6 months and 70 pds, solid muscle. My vet says they are perfect and both will still grow. They get plenty of play time, As long as they are healthy and happy:)

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

1 - 12 of 12 Posts