German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still looking for someone to adopt my dog.. please contact me at [email protected] ... 18 months old.. very dog and human friendly... neutered and all shots.. here is the album where you can find his pictures....

Rocky pictures by lazybones18 - Photobucket

if you are out of state i am willing to ship him provided that you let a rescue/shelter organization contact you to see if the dog would be right for u and you are legit..

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
he is mostly inside... he is everything friendly.. he tries to play with everything possible.. humans, dogs, cats, insects etc..

·
Registered
40 Posts
This is tough, I've never adopted one I haven't met. There has to be that "bond", especially in an adult, and I would hate to put him through a cross country trip if it's not a good match for him.

I just lost my white GSD and she was extremely friendly and playful as well, so the temperament sounds the same. My girl liked to try to eat wasps!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
to be honest.. his brain is just like a puppy... he is extremelyyyyyyyyyyyy friendly .. lol.. but ur right .. u wouldnt wanna adopt him unless u meet him or spend sometime .. :(

·
Registered
40 Posts
Good luck! He certainly seems like an ideal addition for someone. If I get to LA any time soon, I'll contact you.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I am letting the people I know (who love GSDs) (and showing off those great pics). I will give them your e-mail if they are interested.

Judy

·
Premium Member
27,460 Posts
:bump:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
guys i need advice and suggestion please help
i put rocky on the rescue website.. got few calls for him for adoption.. im very very sad about giving him away and im really confused if its better for him to go somewhere else or stay with me ... this is Rocky's daily routine

30 min walk in the morning at 8am
i go to work.. he stays in my room and outside in the patio for the rest of the day till 5pm.. during this time my mom and brother gives him food/water and interacts with him for few mintutes... he also goes on a short walk at around 2 pm ...

I come back home at 5 pm and he is always sitting with me in my room chilling etc...

at night I run with him for 30 mins ... and then everyone goes to sleep

is this enough for him ? are we doing not too much for him ?

will he be sad after leaving us.. he is VERY attached to me .. i love my dog a lot.. what should i do :( ???

will he be ok with the new owners after a while ?

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Well your dog seems to be getting enough. Mine get about 30-45 min of my time in the morning. That may be ball playing or tug. I leave the house between 6:15-6:30 AM then get home about 4:00 PM providing no errands need to be done. Then I am home the rest of the evening. But...some evenings I need to be gone but hubby is home. My dogs are crated all day and they do not get a walk in the afternoon.

Why again were you looking to give him up?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
because we dont have a yard.. i live in a town house.. i always think he gets bored and a yard is a mustt... he is very active and always want to run around and play.. im very confused

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
I am sure others will post but you know that people live in cities and have dogs. You are walking him 30 min and running him 30 min. Are you doing any obedience?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i am not doing any obedience.. he listens to me .. im perfectly happy with how he behaves.. apart from few things here and there which he will learn..

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Have you considered a sport such as agility or rally or flyball for extra activity?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts