German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all! I know this is lots of repetition, I'm just nervous and want to make sure I am going about this all the right way. :blush:

Abby is on 100% Blue Buffalo kibble and I want to switch to 100% Raw/BARF cold turkey.

Abby is ~65#

That makes it:
13.95oz RMB
15.5oz MM
1.55oz OM

Start out with:

Turkey/chicken necks, chicken legs or wings in the AM as my RMB
Then ground turkey/chicken and I found chicken hearts and gizzards ( 2# for $1.00)

After about 3 weeks I can mix stuff up...

Am I way off course? It's a lot of information to take in and I can't get my hands on Dr. billinghursts BARF books without paying lots for them.

With 2 dogs and no room for kennels, is it best to feed outside?

How do you decide whatbto cut to fit the weight I want?

I'm sorry about the long thread. I'm sure I will have more questions.

Thanks for your help :)

Samantha

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for clearing that up for me. I went back and found a container of Livers. (Gave the kids a sneak peak of what the gizzards were. They were very attentive for awhile after that, lol)

Are chicken legs ok for an RMB? I thought it was the same as chicken Qtrs, but was wrong again.

I'm trying to keep this as simple as I can for starting. Then hope to branch out.

I'm also having trouble finding a meat locker around me in Kansas that sells the necks. What are your secrets to finding them?

Thanks for the help:)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.