German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
1,883 Posts
hi vabeachfam,

i have an accounting degree, but an not a CPA.

To incorporate means to become a corporation. I would recommend you form an S-Corp for that. limited liability for owners, cheap annual fee, good for companies with under 25 share holders

To become a non-profit, you need to become a 501C3. I really don't know much about 501c3's but it is entirely different paperwork/forms than an S-corp.

I'd say start by clarifying with the group if you guys want to be an S-corp OR a non profit 501c3.

then you would got to your states secretary of state website, and they'll have all the forms.

some people use legalzoom for this. some people hire and accountant, others a lawyer, and others do it all on their own
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.