German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted something nice to use when I walk all my Cresteds but couldn't find anything that could handle 5 dogs. So I'm making it myself.

I found leash webbing online that goes with my kennel name for the Cresteds - Piquin's Chinese Cresteds. A piquin is a small but VERY spicy pepper. That's how I see the breed - small but 'spicy'. :)

I decided to make a 4' leash. This would attach to a main ring and the five individual leads would also attach to that ring. That way I can walk any number of dogs with the setup.

Here is the leash. I am using rivets to secure everything (they should hold up to a Crested pulling):

Here is one of the individual leads:

And here is the whole leash/five lead setup:

I've started one of the collars but can't decide if I want to use chain or more of the color material for the martingale so right now it's just the base of the collar:

The nice thing is the dogs are all about the same size when it comes to collars so I don't have to worry about which collar goes on which dog!

Once I have everything finished I'll update this post with the final pictures and some action shots!!

·
Registered
18,371 Posts
Very nice leather work Lauri! Hope you don't get tangled up with the dogs! :)

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
Love the leather, very nice! I can't wait to see a video of it being used, it'll be interesting to say the least :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Lauri, that's an awesome system! And I had to laugh a little because I made my own leash and collar out of that very same webbing lol! Did you buy it from Strapworks? I used my sewing machine... the leash & collar are still going strong after 3-4 years of use with my 65lb dog. The colors have never faded either.

*If I'm not mistaken, the webbing is not leather it's polyester, correct?

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Very pretty! And creative! Can't wait to see it in action :)

·
Registered
14,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lauri, that's an awesome system! And I had to laugh a little because I made my own leash and collar out of that very same webbing lol! Did you buy it from Strapworks? I used my sewing machine... the leash & collar are still going strong after 3-4 years of use with my 65lb dog. The colors have never faded either.

*If I'm not mistaken, the webbing is not leather it's polyester, correct?
Yep - it's polyester and yep, got it from Strapworks. I'm not good at using a sewing machine and I liked the look of the metal rivets. :)

Here's the finished product. Five martingale collars, five couplers (each can be added or removed from the main ring), a 4' leash with a traffic handle that I threw on at the last minute:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts