German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have two cars, the four-runner is no problem because Cassie can be in the very back where it is all flat but my little Honda has an angled backseat. Before I try to make something hokey to go over the seat and make it more level I thought I'd ask if somebody manufactures such a thing.

·
Registered
618 Posts
are you folding the back seats down is that the angle your talking about? Or are you trying to put something over the part your butt sits on.

·
Banned
3,955 Posts
Understand that unless you are using a belt or a secured crate your dogs are no safe and will become projectiles in an accident. If they come forward they can cause serious injury to those seated in front of them and themselves.

·
Registered
19,451 Posts
Our backseat is slightly angled as well. I either use a crate on the seat and I pack a towel under it on the one side to stabilize it, or if both dogs are riding the crate doesn't fit so I use a dog "hammock" which has a zipper so a car harness can be attached to the seat belt. I'm a computer technician and we ship a lot of laptop so I get these pieces of 1" foam and lay them across the seat underneath the hammock so it's not as slippery. It doesn't really solve the slope problem but that's never been an issue for the dogs. The hammock gives them more space b/c there's no gap between the seats.

Kenya modeling it for me:

·
Registered
618 Posts
Thats what I use the hammock. It works great. Baron loves it when we went to NH he slept the whole way except for bathroom breaks

·
Registered
84 Posts
This is Pal's back seat "Puppy Lounge", used for riding out in the woods...

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Baronthegreat -I wasn't going to fold the backseat down because I wouldn't want her to scoot into the trunk.

Liesje - that's great! That looks like just what I need. Thank you!

Dave - too too funny. I love Pal's puppy seat. Best view in the house!

Thank you all.

·
Registered
618 Posts
I didn't understand what you meant by the "angle" but now I do. The hammock works great!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts