German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today Maisey is 12 weeks old, so I took her to the vet for her second round of vaccinations. She weighed in at 24 pounds, got an all clear on the fecal test for worms, charmed the pants off both the vet and the tech (probably because they saw her on her very best behavior, LOL!), and was the proud recipient of multiple treats for being such a good girl. She didn't like the shots very much -- not that I blame her, but she did very well for a first vet (that wasn't her breeder) visit.

I was disappointed to learn that I shouldn't take her walking in public places until she has her next round of shots in 4 weeks, though, as I thought it was this set that would protect her enough for me to be able to walk around the neighborhood with her. I didn't really have time to ask about it as we spent 45 minutes with the doctor (he is very thorough and quite personable), and I had to watch my grandson while my daughter kept a doctor's appointment of her own. Did I misunderstand him, or did I hear him correctly on this issue? Are there 3 rounds of DHPP or DHP or whatever the heck the correct letters are, LOL, or are we just waiting for the rabies shot now? :crazy:

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
my pup had his 2nd round of shots and we were in a puppy
class a week later. after his 2nd round of shots we were out
and about but that doesn't mean you should do that.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
generally after the second set you should be able to take them out to "safe zones" but be careful around areas you know other dogs have been like say Petco and the potty areas. Its just to be safe.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the clarification, everyone. Now I get to break my great-niece's heart when I tell her that Maisey can't come to her birthday party on Saturday because it's at the park. :cry:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts