German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Last night when my husband came home from work he also brought home a surprise. 18 month old Rogue, a black and silver(??) GSD. She came from a rescue and she had been papered but the shelter said they couldn't/wouldn't release her papers? Anyhow none of that matters to me, she's a gorgeous girl and settling in well but she's rather skittish with new people. She hid behind my husband for a couple hours before finally figuring out I wasn't going to hurt her, now she's laying next to me cuddling but when we go outside and she see's a new person she recoils. I'm betting she wasn't socialized...the question is will socialization help her to become more confident or is it to late?

Here's our new girl, chillaxing.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Hi there,

Congrats on your new addition!

It is very typical that the rescue dog you see on "day one" in your home will not be the dog you have one month later. In other words, once they begin to feel safe, they will often regain their confidence and their true personality will start to emerge. Focus now on providing structure, building a bond, and having fun together!

Wishing you all the best!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone,

Her and Maddi are already best of friends. She's a real sweetheart and was a very exciting surprise! I love my hubby and I love my dogs!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts