German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

When my wife and I went home to her house for Christmas this year, I never thought we would come back to Boston with a giant German Shepherd in the truck. But we did. Mack's previous owner got diagnosed with Leukemia and felt he could no longer take care of Mack. We were originally just bringing him back to Boston until our friend, a dog trainer, could find a home for him. By the time we got back, we were hooked like a trout during the stone fly hatch.

Mack is a 4.5 year old black german. He likes chasing snowballs, riding in my truck, little kids and ice fishing (gotta wait til spring to see how much of a boat dog he is). He is pretty good with other dogs. He is not formally trained, but smart and attentive.

Thanks for the forum, it's good to be here.

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
Hello and Welcome to you and Mack. Thank you for giving him a forever and loving home. :greet:

·
Registered
253 Posts
:hug:Hey there Mack. Welcome from Waco, Texas. My 2 month old GSD puppy and I hope you all have a wonderful and fun life together.

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
Welcome Neighbor!!! Congratulations on your new best friend!! This is a wonderful breed!! Please post us some pictures we would love to see him!!

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Welcome. Mine's name is Mac

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
That must have been hard for Mac's owner to give up such a great dog, besides dealing with the illness. Thanks for taking him in

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Heidi, I did put an album in the photo section titled "mack the knife".

Thanks for the welcomes!

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Mack - checked out your album. Gorgeous dog!!!!

·
Registered
606 Posts
Welcome!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts