German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Luna had her first class and she did very very well, she was they youngest dog there. Today we did walking on leash and somewhat heeling and sitting as well as focus training. The walking was good because she walked but she didn't heel she wanted to say hi to everyone lol, the sitting was a joke as soon as i brought out the treats she instantly sat and made eye contact, not like at home where the eye contact was 80/20. 80 not happening 20 she did, tonight she did 90/10. 90 perfect locking eye contact 10 was from distractions which i completely understand, there was another GSD in the class and 1 month older then Luna and Luna was wider and smaller by maybe a quarter of a inch. I was VERY happy with her focus on me, yesterday it was like who am i type thing lol. While the other people where trying to sit there dog Luna was already sitting and staring at me (direct eye contact). Not sure if it was because it was a new place and she looked at me as the one constant or what but i liked it. i did get her elk antler and she is really digging it.

·
Super Moderator
4,939 Posts
Good for the both of you. Paying attention to you is key to getting anything else done, so bravo

·
Super Moderator
32,367 Posts
Good girl, Luna!

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
day two was better then day 1. this time they added a tunnel and she did it with no problems. Her recall is very nice, and her (watch me) focus is the best in the class, she was staring at me with intensity dogs barking and moving around and for the most part she was dialed in on me, granted i had a treat and that seemed to do it for her.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts