German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The weather has been awful, my back yard has looked and felt like the lunar landscape for about a week or so. Today I was crunching down a couple of inches with each step.

Poop has to be scooped out of craters with my scooper, and my dogs are getting muddy just going from the run to the house.

It was 50 degrees out there today. Most is melted. It is just grusome.

Poo patrol has never been more fun.

·
Registered
889 Posts
I agree, the weather has been awful. We had snow, which got covered with a thin layer of ice. Then the rain came this weekend which made the yard a slushy wet mess. Now the snow is gone and there is a muddy mess that feels like walking on a wet sponge. I think more snow would be nice. Something to cover all this
up!

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
It made it up to the high 30's yesterday and we had alot of rain so now there is water everywhere. Just can't wait for the sudden Artic blast they are promising so I can 'skate' out to go for my walk with the gang. Throw on a couple of inches of snow and that would be extra fun. NOT!
Poop patrol will have to wait until a better day.

·
Registered
31,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Getting behind in poo patrol is never good, but with nine adults, and a puppy that poops almost as much as the other nine put together, it is deadly.

I still have islands of wet snow between rivers of running water. In the back -- the lunar landscape, where the snow was packed down day after day it is stil there, hanging on. But the entire yard is a slushy soup. The actual river in my back yard is very high and moving fast. This is the kind of crud you see in March NOT JANUARY!!!

The good news is that I only used 20% of my propane tank this month. I have 40% left to get through February and into March.

Still, I am hoping that we have a bit of a drought this year. Muck and sog is hard on my mental health.

·
Registered
31,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Getting behind in poo patrol is never good, but with nine adults, and a puppy that poops almost as much as the other nine put together, it is deadly.

I still have islands of wet snow between rivers of running water. In the back -- the lunar landscape, where the snow was packed down day after day it is stil there, hanging on. But the entire yard is a slushy soup. The actual river in my back yard is very high and moving fast. This is the kind of crud you see in March NOT JANUARY!!!

The good news is that I only used 20% of my propane tank this month. I have 40% left to get through February and into March.

Still, I am hoping that we have a bit of a drought this year. Muck and sog is hard on my mental health.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts