German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
So a little back story. I normally take her out right before i go to bed so it can be anywhere form 9:30 pm to midnight. Well last night i went out with her around 10:30 pm and she immediately started barking at a guy in the middle of the street (i live on a cul de sac so everyone knows everyone) this guy i didn't know and i didn't see the other guy because he was in a dark area but Luna sure the heck did and she had her hair up and she was in full on mode ( 3 months old to) the first guy kept walking and the second guy was asking me something so he walked up to me i saw he had nothing on him so i allowed him to come over to talk to me witch he did about some RC car. i made up some bs thing and told him no, Luna was in full guard mode like no other, they went pass my neighbors house and her dog is a scared dog and will bark but run away she was barking and holding her ground so i 100% knew something was up, ask her if she knew then which she didn't and she also noticed her dog behavior so i texted my other neighbor and told him two unknown men where walking around with lights looking odd. He went ahead and followed them for a bit and apparently they where 4 people and they broke into 2 groups scouting out different neighborhoods. I was taken back by how Luna alerted and pointed at 3 months. Do not get me wrong she ran away to the door when the guy walked closer, like hey dad you got this one but she let me know of the second guy who i didn't see.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No Luna didn't run at him LOL. She alerted and was done after that. I would have loved her moving at him but at 3 months I'm perfectly happy with the alert.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Just wait until she's a big girl and barks, you'll end up in my situation where people just run away looking at her, lol! ;)

·
Registered
547 Posts
Just wait until she's a big girl and barks, you'll end up in my situation where people just run away looking at her, lol! ;)
Yep, and she'll have the big girl bark, too. Maybe she'll even howl like my dog does.

If someone comes up to the door and lingers for more than a few seconds, he'll howl like a wolf crossed with a bloodhound crossed with a demon (can't use the other word lol) hound. It's so loud everyone on my street can hear it and it'll make the jaws drop on FedEx/UPS deliverers.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep, and she'll have the big girl bark, too. Maybe she'll even howl like my dog does.

If someone comes up to the door and lingers for more than a few seconds, he'll howl like a wolf crossed with a bloodhound crossed with a demon (can't use the other word lol) hound. It's so loud everyone on my street can hear it and it'll make the jaws drop on FedEx/UPS deliverers.
she howls already.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Look at the puppy rolling his eyes at the camera person as he tries to pull the guy's arm off. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts