German Shepherds Forum banner

Lump on toe

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Abby142 
#1 ·
While I was playing with Jade's feet yesterday I noticed that she has a lump on one of her toes. It is right where the nail on the other toe hits that toe. It doesn't seem to bother her at all, but it is a rather sizable lump. It feels semi-hard, kinda like a callous on your hands. I tried to take a picture but she had had enough feet time and kept running away.

Should I be concerned? I'm not too worried about, but I'm wondering if anyone else has ever seen this before?

See less See more
#2 ·
It looks to me like a callous of some kind. Since it isn't bothering her, I would just watch it and if it gets bigger or starts to bother her, I would take her to the vet. Otherwise, if it is still there when her annual checkup is due, then I would mention if to the vet.

#4 ·
It looks like a friction wear from her nail. Probably nothing serious. Does she lick it?

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
I've never noticed her licking it. It's not red at all either so I don't think she messes with it. Her annual appointment is coming up, I'll mention it to the vet then and see what he says.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.