German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I was playing with Jade's feet yesterday I noticed that she has a lump on one of her toes. It is right where the nail on the other toe hits that toe. It doesn't seem to bother her at all, but it is a rather sizable lump. It feels semi-hard, kinda like a callous on your hands. I tried to take a picture but she had had enough feet time and kept running away.

Should I be concerned? I'm not too worried about, but I'm wondering if anyone else has ever seen this before?

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
It looks to me like a callous of some kind. Since it isn't bothering her, I would just watch it and if it gets bigger or starts to bother her, I would take her to the vet. Otherwise, if it is still there when her annual checkup is due, then I would mention if to the vet.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It looks like a friction wear from her nail. Probably nothing serious. Does she lick it?

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
I've never noticed her licking it. It's not red at all either so I don't think she messes with it. Her annual appointment is coming up, I'll mention it to the vet then and see what he says.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts