German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this seems like a small brag next to everyone's titles and tricks, but Luka's ears are almost completely and consistently up!!! He's 15 weeks and I was worried because he's a rescue puppy and we're not sure if he's a mix or what he's mixed with (from what we heard he might be part Mal, and he has the mask to prove it). Up until recently his ears were completely floppy and I had little hope.

This was this morning:

Additionally, we went on our first full length walk around our neighborhood today. I live in Las Vegas and the air temp has been 115, so it's much too hot for him to walk on the sidewalk usually. Today was overcast all day today and I checked the ground and it was cool enough so he got to explore our neighborhood. Up until now it's been grass parks after the sun goes down. He did pretty well walking on a loose lead.

Good day today!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just to clarify, I expect his ears to flop down more, and I wasn't worried that his ears should have been up at 15 weeks. It's just that up until a couple days ago they didn't show the slightest hint of going up at all (as you can tell by my avatar picture). I would have loved him anyway because I think he's incredible, I'm just excited that this is more of an indication of his parentage.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts