German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I'm out walking Lucy, who's 13 weeks old, I notice that she tends to want to chase cars. Of course I don't let her, and I correct her sharply when she tries. It seems to be getting better, but is there anything else I should be doing? Do you think this is puppy behavior or will she be a car chasing nut as an adult? Her breeder lives on a farm, and the socialization involved many people coming in, not a lot of the pups getting out, so I wonder if that's part of it.
Thanks
Lisa

·
Registered
664 Posts
Dieter went through that phase for a while, around the same age. He still watches cars, but doesn't try and go after them any more... that as a result of redirecting his attention to something *much* more interesting, like me! lol

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Jolene is 3.... GSD / Sheltie mix. She loves vehicles. Not to chase. When one goes by when we are walking, she gets excited. I think she wants it to stop so she can go for a ride. Our across the road neighbor is only around during hunting season, and she acted like she wanted to ride on the 4 wheeler in the back.

Powell

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Yana doesn't care if cars are just driving by but she is running towards them if they are slowing down and parking. She learned that a slowing down car means something wonderful for her - a ride, our friends coming out of it, or even better, her doggy friends so she will play, play, play!

I don't know what to do in this situation. She kinda listens to 'wait' but still is fixated on a car and very slowly moves towards it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts