German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lucky's jaw appeared swollen last night. Husband looked at his teeth and there was swelling and some D/C so we went to E vets and they x-rayed and started some antibiotics. He had surgery today and they cleaned his teeth ,removed the abscessed one and scraped his gums. He is sleeping on his blanky right now. He has had a rough summer. We have antibiotics and tramadol for him. My boy is doing ok thank god and handled the anesthetic well. I think we need a charm or a St. Francis medal for him.

·
Premium Member
4,612 Posts
He definitely has the right name. Lucky is one lucky dog! Sending healing thoughts to you...

·
Premium Member
7,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys for the support. Loneforce he is a very lucky boy. We caught before it caused him to go septic and he handled the surgery . He's still pretty out of it but we have pain meds and lots of soft food. just got to make sure he doesn't dehydrate and keeps his strength up.

·
Registered
5,359 Posts
Holy cow, you have been through the wringer! I will make a wish for him on my wishing jar for a speedy recovery!

Big hugs and lay some kisses on Lucky from me and G:)

·
Premium Member
7,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Gator Bytes. I have to kiss him on the head between his ears cause he's pretty sore everywhere else. Jaw isnt swollen but they scraped his gums and he is so stiff.He's drinking but not eating and we need to make some soup for him.He went outside today but he's still pretty out of it. He does not like drugged.They gave him hydromorphine on Weds night and then the sedative for surgery.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Try giving him some baby food, it might be a little less messy than soup if his mouth/jaw is sore. I had to give it to Pasta in a syringe when she had a vestibular episode issue and would not eat for close to a week.

·
Registered
5,814 Posts
Hugs to you and Lucky. Praying for a speedy recovery and some good news - You deserve it!

·
Premium Member
7,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys. he ate his ice cream over half of it. I need to scrub carpet now. Ill pick up some baby food tonight. My husband mad a broth soup and I'm going to pick up some more self serve and Pepcid since the antibiotic can cause stomach upset.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts