German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
What a sad story.

Reminds us all of what heart this breed has.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
So sad, although I have no sympathy for anyone who commits a suicide.

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
That's incrediable.

·
Registered
14,034 Posts
Originally Posted By: Superpup
Having sympathy for someone that commitd suicide is pointless - they are dead.

But we SHOULD have sympathy for the devastated family and friends they leave behind - both 2 and 4 legged.

·
Registered
11,280 Posts
Wow!! I feel bad for the dog
at least they found them and the dog is back where she belongs

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
Good dog

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
Originally Posted By: MatsiRed
Originally Posted By: IlovealldogsSix weeks?! Wow! That is a great demonstration of loyalty!
Not to mention a great example of how our dogs do not stand in judgement of us.

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
im NOT trying to be offending and im sorry if I am, but, those who are not suicidel wont and cant understand.

Like it was said..the dog didnt judge.

G

·
0 Posts
Indeed they won't. Mental illness has no sympathy in this country. The comments in this thread just highlight that fact.

I can say that there but for the grace of God, or perhaps more to the point, Odin, go I. When I had lost my mother to a stroke, my brother to a brain aneurysm, and the love of my life all and were gone within a matter of days compounded by the loss of a career and severe PTSD after my return from Iraq I sat there one day with a .45 and contemplated my end. How much easier it would be to make the pain all go away. All that kept me from going was Odin really. He looked at me and I realized that I couldn't leave him alone so I found the strength for him when I had lost it for myself. Later I sought help and that got me past those times.

I'm sad that young man wasn't able to make that kind of a connection, but I have been on the threshold of where he went. I do not condemn him. Instead I mourn that mental illness is perceived the way it is in America. I'm quite certain if it were otherwise he'd be alive today.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Originally Posted By: Superpup
And I hope for your sake nothing ever happens in your life that might cause you to change that statement.

*edited for violation of board rules*

·
Registered
26 Posts
I feel that this is an incredible sad story, and no one knows how that man felt and thought. Is suicide right or moral, no, but how desperate someone might feel that would even consider that alternative. What we humans need to learn is the love and compassion that our animals have, in this story, that Cash has for his family.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Well, if you believe suicide is greedy you obviously haven't ever had to watch a loved one, a man you admired and respected, who'd lived a long healthy life, battle cancer at 77. And how desperately that person would want to NOT be a burden or a drain, and NOT cause his family anymore pain than absolutely necessary. It's a very personal decision, but not one that deserves second guessing. Just because Hollywood has conditioned you that LIFE is always the way. No one who is "good" would ever choose anything but life. Sheep.
I mean, don't we put our canine friends to sleep when their suffering becomes too great for them to bear? Who are you, to say what level of suffering this man was going through? You're no one, and I reiterate that I hope you get to keep your narrow, insensitive views all your lives.

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
how very sad for everyone :(((
diane

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
I have never been that close to a "final solution'but would ask posters "{if you had no one who would step up for your dog if something happened to you)might you reasonably want to take him with you-and with the results of a situation wherplaced in animal control situation-MAYBE just maybe they both found best peace together?

·
Registered
964 Posts
I was days from taking my life at one time. My last step was to take my dog in to be put to sleep. As demented as my thinking was I didn't want to leave my much beloved dog in the wrong hands. I really thought it was kindest to put her to sleep. Luckily I found the strength to walk out of the vets office and into a psychatrists office.

I wonder what the man thought was going to become of his dog after he died? I have lived enough to know not to judge.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts