German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the information on this handsome dude, looks pretty relaxed!

http://photocache.petfinder.com/fotos/NC119/NC119.18197515-3-x.jpg

IF ANYONE is interested, please contact me I can ASSESS him!

K-06: This friendly guy was found stray on Person Road on 12/20 and is looking for his family. He will be available to come home with you on 12/23. PLEASE NOTE: For current information on pet's availability, please call the ANIMAL CONTROL OFFICERS THE SHELTER DIRECTLY AT 919-496-3032, 8AM-5PM Monday thru Friday, Saturday from 10AM until 2PM. Be sure to MENTION PET'S NAME when calling. Please understand that staff may have limited information on the pet's prior history. Pets with a history of aggression are not available for adoption and would not be listed here. The animals in this shelter do not receive any vaccinations or regular vet care, so it is highly recommend to take the animal to a vet ASAP. Thank you for adopting a shelter pet!

More about 10-2911 / 1-1-0805

Primary colors: Black, Brown or Chocolate • Coat length: Short
10-2911 / 1-1-0805's Contact Info

Franklin County Animal Control, Louisburg, NC

http://photocache.petfinder.com/fotos/NC119/NC119.18197515-3-x.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They have relisted him as a mix, so I guess moderators can remove.... :0(

·
Registered
5,344 Posts
He's a cute boy, but there's no telling based on the one photo. He looks like a Hound mix to me (but that's solely based on the photo and what other Hound mixes look like here in the South.)

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
I see a cute GSD boy yawning. Plus, I kind of wonder if the default on PetFinder is mix. You see the mix label on all dogs from some shelters. Or, it may be just a CYA on the shelter's part. They get so many phone calls from the general public, that a short-staffed shelter may just add the mix in there, just to field calls.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am 15 minutes away. There is also a female there. I can try to go either tomorrow or Wednesday and visit with both, but w/o a rescue commitment, it really is not too hopeful for either of these dogs. I have cross posted them on the Raleigh CL's posting hoping someone from that area may be interested!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Debbie, PM me. I can temp test, but will ONLY do it if a rescue is interested. I can't bear to go out to this particular shelter after a bad situation with one of the employees here this past summer and know that their fate is sealed. I can tell you for sure the MALE is very friendly, but when I talked to the staff on the phone, they said he had the body more of a hound, which is why they changed the listing from my original post. However, I can go one day this coming week. I work about 10 minutes from the shelter. Let me know in a PM your thoughts....

·
Registered
906 Posts
Poor fella..Bump!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
BratMarine and ANYONE else:::::::::::::::

OMG! This is the sweetest BOY ever! I have pics but can NOT upload until this evening.
Good News: Temp tested SUPER with other dogs, female nose to nose, wanted to play, no signs of aggression whatsoever. More interested in ME than anything!
He is young, perfect pearly white teeth! Let me touch him all over, rub his belly, pull ears, pinch feet, hands in mouth, pull tail, rubbed him all over.
He was so excited to see me! He was a little shy with the AC officer, but that is normal, you never know how they handle dogs. But came right with me. A little excited on the leash, but he is so super trainable! He had no manners initially but with treats, I had him sit, down, and stay! WOW! He did jump, but I do believe he is so teachable, that would be easily remediated. He came to me every single time I called him! He definitely will love people over anything else, this was outside in the fenced area, where he was allowed to go where he wanted, and he completely came to me every time. He is intact. He sat for me and allowed me to look him straight in the eyes and was just looking at me like, "you going to take me????" Poor boy. He completely kept his attention on me, looking at my face and like wanting to know, okay, what do you want me to do now, how can I please you so I can go with you??? Sweet as pie! He did NOT startle when I dropped an item, just sat there, then came over to investigate. He rolled over and over time and time again for belly rubs. He is a very submissive male! Huge loving heart! Cute as can be and the smile and personality to go with it. He took treats SUPER, he did not lunge at them and took them nicely from my hand. At first I threw a ball and he did not know what to do, but as I took him to it and he realized it was something good, the next time I threw a ball he ran over to where it was, but did not attempt to bring it back or put it in his mouth. I would say he is very eager to please.
Bad News: He is a mix. Probably a hound/shepherd. He has the body of hound with a shorter tail. But the cutest face and the most wonderful GSD eyes - How can I please you they say?
So, I don't know if there is anyone out there interested in him. He absolutely reminds me of the litter of pups GSRA had this past year of Luke and Loki, etc. But NOT as big! Anyone interestsed let me know I can provide pictures this evening. I know he should NOT be on the purebred list, so mods you can remove him to another section, but I do hope maybe BDBH's or VGSR may still be interested???? Good luck to him, he is a nice boy!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What a sweet boy!

Here are the pics if ANY rescue has room or can cross post! He really is such a nice young man willing to please!

Attachments

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Bratmarine, there is also a local vet office, I can run by there and see what they would charge too? UMM. Also, this shelter will take a HOLD on him if you send in your paperwork. :0) Keep PMing me and we will see how it goes! SPEAK WITH Kathy - she is the assistant director, she is the one who helped me yesterday, the receptionist is AWFUL, rude and hateful!
I will also try to call Cathy.
If you have a question about the status of any animals at the facility or need to retrieve a lost pet, please call animal control at 919-496-3032 , Fax 919-496-4876 . If no one answers, please leave a message, as the animal control officers are often out responding to other calls. You can also email < [email protected]>Kathy Johnson

·
Premium Member
27,460 Posts

1 - 20 of 29 Posts