German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15,138 Posts
I took Cheyenne to Snowmobile Grass drags and I took her to ca car drag track. At the Snowmoible race she hung out by my friends trailer who was a vendor and got a whole day of people handling her and she sat and watched the loud snowmoibles.

I have a sound sensitive dog who I know I could not have done that with.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, We plan on having him with us at the garage when we load our cars for the first time so that it is just for a short amount of time with the noise then increase the length of time little by little. We did this with Stella and she loves the track now, or maybe she loves the motorhome, anyway she gets excited everytime she hears the cars start.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
You could also try getting CD's with various noises on them and play them at home for CJ to sort of desensitize him to the noises beforehand. I'm not sure if they have one with just car noises on them, but maybe -

The breeder we adopted Kaiser from played these kind of CD's 24/7 in the background from the time the pups were born - thunderstorms, sirens, gunshots, traffic, etc. - the only noise that has ever startled Kaiser was the first time I tore a sheet of aluminum foil - I guess that wasn't on the CD!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts