German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a very sad day for my husband and me. We had to put Walter down; he had degenerative myelopathy and hip dysplasia.

We always said that the time to put him down would be when he started to have more bad days than good and his quality of live was not good.

Walter came to us as our very first foster dog with German Shepherd Rescue of Houston. We had him less than one week when it was decided that he would stay with us. We totally fell in love with him.

We never new his exact age but he was at least 10 years old maybe 12.

He brought much joy over the 7 years we had him.

I loved him very much and will miss him.

[/img]

·
Registered
989 Posts
I'm so sorry, Walter looks like a grand old guy. I feel your pain as I lost my old guy 3 weeks ago to DM. I'm sure my Titan met him at the bridge and they are having a romp through a beautiful meadow.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Very Sorry for your loss....We put Betty, our rescue Rottweiler down a few weeks ago,( about 13 yrs old) and do you know what? Saturday I got a GSD pup.....I hope that you will take comfort knowing you gave that guy a good life...I know we do, and I feel like she would be happy that we are taking care of another...Never thought when we lost Betty, I would feel ready for another one, but she is keeping my mind and body busy!!!!..Sincere Sympathies

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss, it always hurts so much when we lose one of our fur babies. I like the picture of Walter that you posted, he looks so regal.
Run free at the Bridge sweet Walter!!!

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
RIP Walter.
You were definitely loved in your forever home.

Hugs to your family on their great loss.

·
Registered
411 Posts
So sorry for your loss of Walter. He looks like a neat sweet guy.
That was the greatest gift you could give your sweet boy, not having to live in pain, etc.

Hugs to you and DH!

·
Registered
737 Posts
What a grand name for a grand dog. I know how hard it is to say goodbye to unconditonal love. I know your heart is breaking. My thoughts are with you at this very sad time.My Savannah is there to greet him. She is a new arrival too . I hope they find each other.....

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Funny isn't it. You thought it would be a short-term affair, with no regrets on either side. Instead you met one of the loves of your life. How lucky you and Walter were to find each other.

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank you all for your kind words.

It seems all I have done today is cry. Walter was my special guy, he came to me as a foster and became a dear friend.

I have three other dogs, Gracie, Abby, and Bailey, I love each one very, very, very much, but there was something so special about how I felt about Walter.

Mary

·
Registered
737 Posts
Mary,

I can feel your sadness. More than you know I helped my labrador Savannah cross the bridge just friday, It was sudden. I have three other dogs too, but she had a special place in my heart. I too cannot stop crying, especially when I only mix 3 bowls of food not four.Go out the door with only three. My GSD still looks for her. She is as grieved as I and I guess we will have to make it together. I have a bailey too and a Jack and Guinness (bailey is my sheppy girl) my heart breaks for your loss too

Cindy

·
Registered
6,207 Posts
Walter looks so gentle and sweet.
What a terrible loss for you and your family. I know he appreciated the wonderful life you gave him and his quiet, gentle spirit will remain with you.

·
Registered
6,659 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss...may you be comforted with tons of wonderful memories.
Rosa

1 - 20 of 31 Posts