German Shepherds Forum banner
61 - 80 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Intuitdog, please don't stop looking for Maya, We haven't! I have to check out every possible lead. Thanks so much for your continued support... (((HUGS))) We've been down so many wrong paths looking for Maya, that I don't even get my hopes up anymore, but I do pray we will see her again, and she is ok.

Thanks so much!!!!!

·
Registered
913 Posts
Hey Rachel. I was thinking of you and Maya. I am still looking. I was really praying that I would get on here and see that she was found! I know it is a long shot, but I won't give up hope that she returns to you and your family! Hugs to you all!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Thanks ShepsRgr8! I achulty am waiting on an E-mail right now about someone who found a female GSD, they contacted me, and have seen a picture of Maya, and they think it might be her!!!! They are 4 hrs away, I think they are going to take her to a vet to have her scanned, I am trying not to get too excited, but it's so hard not to!!!!! I will let you all know the outcome!

Thanks again to all of you!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Hi everyone, I just wanted to tell you all, that wasn't Maya, it was so close though. I miss her so much, I would love to just have her back home, I am starting to feel like I will never know anything about her. I just need some closure......

Thanks so all of your support!!!
Rachel

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Originally Posted By: KarinI'm so sorry, Rachel. I was really hoping that it was her. Keep the faith. I've heard of dogs getting back to their owners--even after a really long time. You have a lot of people in your corner and hoping for the best for you and Maya.
yes, i was watching animal planet the other day and it was about the story on how a dog got returned to its owners 9 years after it went missing. without the microchip that the owners had put in when they got the dog as a pup they wouldn't have gotten it back. they got the dog when it was 3 months old and it ran away 2 weeks after they got it. they were shocked when they got the call, 9 years later that their dog was found. the dog was found in NYC and the owners lived in either texas or california. i can't remember. pretty amazing, huh?
please don't give up.

keeping our fingers crossed she is found soon

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
Don't give up my friends got back their lab after 3 months. Someone picked him up that raised labs, called local shelters to let them know. They took him home with them to another state as no one was looking for him. Which was not true, all the shelters were called. They had him checked for chip, he had one but was under collar and did not show up. Three months later they were coming through the area and pictures were still up of him. So it was a happy ending and yours might be too. It was just a very long three months.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
It's been 3 months now, since Maya was stolen. Still nothing, I've had many leads, but as always, they aren't Maya. I still do have that hope that since she is young (she will be 2 on Halloween), and since she is chiped, that one day I will see her again!
I would just like to know how she is doing, is she being fed, played with, loved, vet care? Maya was more than our "Dog", she was a part of our family, she was one of my kids. I pray that none of you ever have to go through this...... This is one of the hardest things my family has ever had to deal with.

Thanks again to everyone who cares, you guys are wonderful, and you have been such a great support team. I will keep everyone updated if I hear anything on Maya, we will never stop looking for her, and I pray one day I will get her back....

·
Registered
426 Posts
Another one to potentially check - Craig's List-Charlotte - listed on, I think, 12/11, for Monroe/Union County, with general description, no picture, but they've put this dog on lostfoundpets.

Still searching Rachel....Time to come home Maya

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
Thanks everyone, still no Maya...... I am checking everyday on the internet for her, but NOTHING. I hope she got a big nice piece of ham for Christmas...
I promise, if I hear anything, I will post it!

Thanks again!
Rachel

61 - 80 of 85 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.