German Shepherds Forum banner
41 - 60 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
" She is microchiped, so if she was to pop up at a shelter, they would check, right now that is our only hope for her return."

I would never trust a shelter to just scan her for a chip and then call you. You have to keep calling them. Send a flyer with her picture to shelters and vet's offices. Just because she is chipped doesn't guarantee her a ticket home.
Check the Petfinder listing daily. Go visit the shelters.

·
Registered
426 Posts
R - Continuing to search for Maya up the Eastern Seaboard. There has been a rash of big dog losses down your way and working northeast following a couple of major highway routes. I'm concentrating my efforts particularly towards and through Virginia. No hard evidence, just a feeling. I really could use some flyers with her picture if there were any out there or a way to make some.

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
You might want to call local vets and let them know if someone comes in for the first time with a female that age to check for chip.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Thanks everyone!

IntuitDog, I have also talked to a lady close to Charlotte, NC, who had her GSD stud stolen out of his lot, about 1 week after Maya, my feeling is Maya was stolen to breed, but she is spayed. I will E-mail you her flyer we have used around here!

Kathyb, ALL the vets, shelters, animal control, resuces, everyone within 100 miles knows about Maya, so I have that covered. The vets told me if a new female GSD comes in, they will check her for a chip! Thanks

·
Registered
913 Posts
Hi, Rachel. I was just thinking about you and Maya. I am going to forward you an e-mail with a GSD in Chesterfield, SC high kill AC. The photo was taken by a volunteer and I have called and left her a message, but haven't heard anything yet.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Hey, Lando'sMom. I don't want to speak for Rachel, but the dog you posted above doesn't have the black markings on her head that Maya has. She is gorgeous, though!

I don't think the one I sent her is Maya, either, but the quality of the photo is so bad that I have, I just wanted her to be sure.

I hope she finds her.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
that does resemble Maya a little bit, lets hope its her. Like you said its a long shot but it doesn't hurt just to check it out. Keeping my fingers crossed she is found, and found soon

·
Registered
426 Posts
I saw the ARK girl too -- I don't think Maya has a white patch in between chest bands, but I agree, can't hurt to check - she's pretty darn close from the photos.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Rachel, I just came across this thread. I'm so sorry about Maya. My heart goes out to you. I hope with the help of hundreds of people looking for her, Maya will safely make it back home where she belongs.

I'll keep you and Maya in my prayers.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Thank you all again, but that's not Maya either...very close though. We are still looking in hopes we will find her, it's been 1 1/2 months now..... The police have said "We've done all we can, but if we were to come up on a female GSD, we would check for a chip." There is now were else to turn, I just pray she is ok.

Thanks again for everyone's help!

·
Registered
426 Posts
Rachel - did you see Craigslist for Raleigh - August 13th?

"Found Full Blooded German Shepherd"

They want exact description or email from owner to identify only.

Sorry, not another clue to help weed out details. ID

·
Registered
426 Posts
I'm so sorry Rachel. I'd rather do anything than let you down again. At the same time, if there's a chance it's Maya....

I won't stop looking, but if there's ever anything you want me to do or not do, just let me know. I don't want to do anything that might make things more difficult than they already are.

41 - 60 of 85 Posts