German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm beyond heartbroken...I lost my black German Shepherd Toby this past Wednesday. He was almost 12 1/2 and I've had him since he was 7 weeks old. He was my sweet, smart, handsome boy that was like my child. He was a huge part of our family...everyone seems lost without him. He had a personality like no other and the minute anyone met him, they fell instantly in love.I didn't know how much I could love an animal until I first laid eyes on Toby at 7 weeks old. I don't know how to handle this grief. ???

Attachments

·
Registered
102 Posts
I'm sorry to hear of your loss. He looks like a beautiful boy. Ollie is my first dog, I've never had to deal with a loss like yours. Just hang in there, the pain will ease.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss and as time goes on it will get easier but if you are anything like me when it comes to my animals, I always think of them and i don't think i have ever not missed one of them. Sending prayers your way and its a comfort for me to know they may not physically be with me anymore but spiritually they will always be close to me :hugs:

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
When one loses their precious pet, a part of their heart is taken also! Rest assured, your precious Toby will always have that piece of your heart for as long as you live. Prayers and hugs, and yes, time does lessen the hurt. Deb

·
Premium Member
4,612 Posts
I am sorry for your loss of Toby. The best thing you can do, is do not bottle up your feelings. Let it out and celebrate Toby's life with you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you all for your kind words. He went through everything with me. He would lick my face when I would cry...the unconditional love was just amazing. He taught me that no matter how I was, he loved me no matter what and same for him. They really are the most loyal dogs anyone could ever have...cherish every second.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful boy. It is so hard but I hope that all the good memories will soon help to comfort you. RIP sweet Toby.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
So sorry for your loss. I hope coming her and talking about your beautiful boy helps you during this hard time. We all share the wonderful love for these dogs and no matter how much time we get with them, it's never enough.

·
Registered
15,954 Posts
The only real flaw I have found in my dogs is that their lives are inevitably too short. The price for the joy they bring me is the pain of their death.
I do get some solace in the thought that there's another dog out there who needs to move in - and it has always been the right dog.
May you find comfort in reflecting on the gifts your Toby brought you - the antics that caused laughter, the ones that caused frustration before they caused laughter, the comfort and joy he shared with you.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Sorry for your loss. Cry your heart out. I am crying with you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It does make me feel better knowing I can share my heartache with all of you because you all understand the love between us and our Shepherds...no other love like it.

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
I am so sorry that you lost your beloved black GSD. He was very lucky to have someone who loved him so much!

The first GSD that I lived with was my roommates dog, who was a black GSD named Toby. We'll just say that he was particular about his friends, but he loved me second only after his owner. We spent many hours and miles running together.

My first GSD of my own was a beautiful black GSD and she was one of the finest dogs I have ever known.

And now I am fostering a GSD named Toby! Lots of tie-ins between the black dogs and the Tobys!

Please know that you are in my good thoughts. Cry your guts out - it is just about the only thing you can do right now. When your heart has healed a bit, consider bringing another dog into your life as a tribute to your beloved boy.

·
Banned
7,657 Posts
So sorry for your loss! As Vadermomma just said the pain will lessen with time, but the first couple of days are going to be very tough! :(

Try and hang onto the lifetime of memories you built! It's going to be a while but there will come a day when you will think of him and smile...tears will still fill your eyes but the soul numbing ache will be gone :)

I kinda gasped when I saw your guy! Kinda struck really close to home! When we say we know your pain...yeah we can really relate!

Take care of yourself and your family and again so sorry! :(

·
Registered
5,814 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss. It is hard to lose them, no matter when the time comes. We never have them long enough. Grieve as long as you need to. You will never forget, but your pain will lessen. I promise. In the future, I hope you will be able to open your heart to a new love. There is nothing like a wet nose to heal a broken heart. Some people even believe that once our beloved pets reach the rainbow bridge, they send us a special new pet to keep us company. Toby would not want you to be sad.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I am sorry for your loss of Toby. It is so hard to lose such a wonderful companion. You might find doing something in his name helps. A donation of some type to a rescue, writing about his life with you, make a memory garden. Rest in peace Toby. Peace to you.

·
Super Moderator
4,847 Posts
((hugs)) You can handle the grief. You will struggle through it. The sun does come out again but even years from now, you may find yourself teary eyed from some happy memory.

sorry for your loss.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts