German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My big beautiful Black & tan German Shepherd Luger (aka, "LuLu" since he is so gentle) neutered male went for an adventure on my birthday of all days, July 8.... and has not yet returned. He is mostly black, with very sleek, medium length hair and HUGE ears.. basically, show quality & just a georgeous boy. I've worn out the streets for a 100 mile radius in all directions, checked & listed him at the local shelters, posted Lost Dog posters & newspaper adds, all to no avail. If anybody has any information regarding my dog, I would greatly appreciate your contacting (805) 925-3337.

Attachments

·
Registered
32,421 Posts
Could you please post your town and state?

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
I would recommend a dedicated Facebook page. The power of social media is sometimes an excellent tool. Also, contact vets offices in the area. Perhaps local radio stations? I sure hope you find your boy.

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
Also use Craigslist Lost and Found for your area. Hope that you find your baby.

·
Registered
6,138 Posts
Agree re Craigslist -- when I lived in So Cal, I was able to help dogs who lacked tags/chips find their way home because their owners placed a CL ad! It works!!!

Also, look for Facebook groups called "Lost Pets of..." (Los Angeles, Antelope Valley, Simi, Ventura, etc.), and get him up on all of them in Southern California. Don't assume he stayed local -- I know people there who have found dogs on the side of a highway in Southern California while going somewhere, and picked them up to get them safe, then tried to find the owner from far away. It's such a mobile place, he could be safe in the home of someone pretty far away who's trying to find you, but doesn't know your area and won't see your signs.

When you are checking shelters, in the greater Los Angeles area, be aware well-meaning people also take dogs to shelters far away from where found under the view that the far-away shelter has a lower kill rate than the local one. I've heard of people driving dogs from Antelope Valley to West L.A. (or Pasadena etc.) because it's perceived as a "better" shelter -- they'll sometimes lie about where the dog was found to get the shelter to take the dog. These people don't realize how hard they make it for the owner looking for the dog to ever find it again, unfortunately.

Be sure to send out your picture flyer to Burbank, Westside and OC GSRs.

·
Registered
6,138 Posts
Nflora, do you mind PM'ing me your email address? If you do that, I'll forward you the digest of GSDs in So Cal shelters that I still get from the GSD West rescue email list, which I still get even though I don't live out West any longer. There are a few black and tan males at different shelters that are possible leads to investigate on today's list.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts