German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im sooo sad! I lost my beloved gsd BOGGS from bloat. Didnt know much about it till it happened. Im well educated on it now. Came home from work and he was dead. Im having a really hard time. Im a single mom and Im having trouble sleeping at night with windows open. You know all that stuff. No one to protect us!! Every stinking noise I hear Im up with a bat in my hands ready to act if necesary. I miss him so so so much. Not a day goes by that I dont think of him. I lost BOGGS on june 17. Im currently laid off of work so I contacted the same breeder and whatyaknow they had one male left. I drove a hour away with my son and dad and brought him home at six weeks. I still think that is to young. I got Boggs at 8 weeks. 2 weeks makes a huge difference. His name is Vader. I love him just as much as I love Boggs, except he is completley different. In so many ways. Vader had his second check up today 13 weeks. Yea I know I didnt wait very long after Boggs passed to rush out to get another dog. That was my way of greiving. Vader weighs 37 pds. I can only wish every day that Vader will turn out to be the exceptional dog that Boggs is. Mmmmmmmmmm I HOPE SO! By the way just found this website and I like it. AH I feel a little better now. TKS fellow gsd owners

·
Registered
10,225 Posts
My gosh, I am so sorry. What a horrible thing to c. Yes, you got Vader a bit early, but you'll just have to do extra work, and sounds like you're so happy to have another GSD in your life that that's not too much to ask.
You've come to a good place, welcome aboard!

How about some photos?

·
Registered
15,975 Posts
My condolences regarding Bogg's sudden death. That happened to some friends of mine several years ago. The abruptness of a sudden death would leave me stunned.

Now -- Congrats on your new pup! I'm a person that needs a dog, too. I can't stand to have an empty (meaning dogfree) house.

About the age -- It's harder to house train a younger pup. That's one thing I've noticed. They just don't have the capacity to start that very well until they're about 8 weeks and seem to finish up at 12 - 14 weeks. You'll just basically have two weeks longer to wait on all development stages.

Vader will be a wonderful dog. His "wonderful doggness" will probably be expressed a bit differently than Bogg's was. There will be similarities but there will be differences, too.

Congratulations and best wishes.

·
Registered
11,280 Posts
so sorry on your loss!!
I would have done the same thing
hopefully your new edition will be you joy

lots of pics

·
Registered
7,571 Posts
I too am sorry for your loss. And I hope that Vader helps to fill the hole that Boggs left behind, not completely, but he is his own dog and you love him his own way.

I once lost a dog suddenly and tragically. I went to the animal shelter 4 days later and adopted another dog. She ended up being my "heart" dog. I never understood why my first dog was taken away from me, and looking back, I don't clearly understand why I moved so quickly to get another dog. But I've learned that our hearts tell us what is right for us. The universe gives us the dogs we need when we need them. We simply need to listen and do what is best for us.

I have do doubt that as much as you loved Boggs and are grieving him, Vader will be a wonderful companion and friend as well.

Good luck to you. And welcome to the forum.

·
Banned
2,415 Posts
Your decision to get another GSD is so nice.

This is a section form a post called "Lend Me a Pup."

I will lend you a GSD for awhile, but for all the joys this dog will bring, the risk of grief we will run. But for all the joys he will bring, he may die sooner then expected.

When your faithful dog departs, we have anther GSD for you to love for all his life.

And yes, they are so very different.

·
Registered
606 Posts
I am sorry for your loss. It's hard to lose a best friend so suddenly. I lost my Smoke on Feb 1 very suddenly, and found that after having him for 10 years, I didn't know what to do with myself.

Enter Shadow. He came home at 10 weeks old on April 17. I know that he will never replace Smoke, but he is carving his own niche in our family, as I'm sure Vader is with you.

Welcome, and looking forward to lots of pics.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Please accept my sincere condolences in the death of Boggs.

It's clear from your post that you loved Boggs very much. The grieving process is different for everyone; I think that you must trust your own judgment and do what you sincerely believe is best.

Congratulations on finding Vader. He is his own dog; I'm sure that you and your family will give him a wonderful life.

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear about Boggs. I'm sure losing him was a shock to you and your family. My condolences to eveyone.
Rest in Peace Boggs

It's such a personal decision when it's the right time to get another dog after losing one. I think that's why I always have more than one dog, so it's not as hard when I lose one, but it hurts anyway. Congratulations on getting Vader and I hope you find him as special to you and your family as Boggs was.

·
Registered
18,371 Posts
Very sorry to hear about Boggs! Hope Vadar fills the hole in your heart.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Kathy thank you for thinking of us. It really means alot to us. Yes Vader is filling the whole in our hearts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hello thank you. Yea I know I did the right thing. Thanks for taking the time to comment to me. It means alot

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey Diane, your pup looks like Vader. You gotta love those crazy ears. It cracks me up every day. Thank you so much. It means alot to me that you took the time to comment. I feel silly saying this but Im not very computer savy> I dont know how to post pics. Would love help, if ya have the time to waste on me. Would love the whole site to see my beloved Boggs and my new bff Vader.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thank you for taking the time and commenting on what Im going through right now. Love the lend a pup. tks again!!!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thank you so much for taking the time to reply. It means the world to me. I really enjoy this site. Hope to learn how to post pics. Not to computer savy. Wish me luck

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thank you Dawn. You shep. is beautiful!!! It means alot to me that you and all these wonderful people took the time to comment on my blog. I felt much better after I did it. It means alot to me. Tks again. Would love to post pics ,but dunno how

1 - 20 of 23 Posts