German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My GSD Baron has been missing since 12/23/07 from Battle Creek, MI. Baron is a large boned black & tan GSD, 85+ lbs., black collar with Italian rabies tag, microchipped, and tattoed. If you know of anyone that may have seen him please contact me. It is not his fault that he is missing as someone broke into our fenced yard. All the other dogs came home but my baby. Thank you for any information.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think that he has been stolen otherwise maybe someone would have contacted me for the reward. I have also gotten a few calls from in town that he may be chasing deer around the subdivisions. His instincts are strong and it could be possible. I will just keep searching the area until I find him.

·
Registered
27,245 Posts
Too bad those microchips aren't GPS enabled!! I hope he finds his way back to you soon!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree....too bad GPS for dogs is so expensive and unreliable.

·
Registered
27,245 Posts
I was hoping when I saw the thumbs up, he was home! Keeping him in thoughts and prayers:))

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Haven't found him yet just giving you a sign of agreement. GPS would be great but from what I have researched it wouldn't work in every situation. When I do find Baron you can be sure I will put a big "We FOUND MY BABY!!" on here. Thanks for your support.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We just got a call tonight from someone trying to blackmail us in order to get the body of our dog. He said that Baron had been hit by a car and that he would bury the body if we didn't give him money. The address he gave doesn't exist and the phone number came from the local hospital. So we have gotten nowhere unless he/ she calls back and asks for a meeting. Then my father-in-law will go to meet the person with the police nearby. All of this is going on while I'm down here in TN (just got here this afternoon to say goodbye to the hubby) and there is NOTHING I can do. The police think it is a crack head looking for a fix. But they at least are looking into the matter. I'm thankful to God for that but I just want my baby back! How can people be so hateful? Sorry to vent but I just have lost faith in humans....

·
Registered
27,245 Posts
OMG! What a nightmare...Has he been spotted recently? I have been thinking of Baron, and hoping you had trapped him. Sending positive thoughts and prayers are coming your way.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I haven't gotten any calls in about 2 weeks. I did try to hire a live trapper since I was going to be in TN this week and couldn't get anyone to call me back. Very frustrating! Anyway, I am going to see if I get anymore calls when I get back and then I will set my own trap (they have the traps at TSC) with the landowners permission. Sure hope it is him.....life is not right without my baby grumbler in the my life.

·
Premium Member
1,068 Posts
Any leads yet?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nothing really positive. People call every once in a while...and by the time I get there "the dog we saw" is long gone. So there is no telling if it is him.....or just another dog in the area. Not promising considering we have had a rash of yards being broken into and dogs stolen. Honestly I haven't given up on my boy but my heart is broken.....and it's all I can do to see a GSD...:(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts