German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jager and I went on a 5 day backpacking trip to take in the fall colors in the Lost Creek Wilderness of Colorado. It's a really pretty area with aspens, ponderosa pines, clear creeks and great rock formations. More scenics etc, from the trip can be seen HERE.

Jager above Goose Creek

Jager and I

Jager in the aspen grove

Jager on the trail

Next to a big Ponderosa

Guarding the tent

Hanging out at night

Relaxing in the shade

Checking out an old abandoned building

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
WOW! That looks like a fun trip. I wish I could go backpacking for 5 days with my dogs. I really want to play in that aspen grove, lol. It's gorgeous

·
Registered
462 Posts
GREAT pics!! I have that same backpack :). I especially love the night shot...very cool. Very jealous of the backpacking trip!! Looks like you guys had a blast

·
Registered
55 Posts
excellent Pics,

can you give stats on Jager, Age, Gender Height & weight etc?

also what camera did you use?

·
Super Moderator
32,427 Posts
Really amazing pictures, I especially love the one at night!

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Awesome!!! I am leaving for Colorado one week from today and I can't wait! Bringing Madix and hoping to get some awesome photos and take some great hikes. I always wanted to move there but (obviously) never have. So jealous!!

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I've been in Boulder for medical testing the last 3 days and brought Titon with me. I wished I would have known you'd be going out that way with your pup.

-E

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
gorgeous pics!! and looks like a gorgeous place

·
Registered
9,093 Posts
Awesome pictures.. love the night shot one too!! Very impressive.

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Pics are gorgeous! Looks like so much fun for you and for Jager!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for all the great comments folks. We're pretty lucky to be able to explore country like this.
Looks like a lot a people liked that night shot. It took a couple of tries to get that to work. I had the camera on a tripod and had it set for 1 second exposures. Then used a remote shutter switch. The long exposure was required because the headlamp doesn't give off an enormous amount of light. But, it also means we both had to stay perfectly still for the entire second or else it would blur. Easier for me to do than Jager. But that one did turn out pretty well.

excellent Pics,

can you give stats on Jager, Age, Gender Height & weight etc?

also what camera did you use?
Jager is a 5yo male that weighs 85-90 pounds.
I use a Canon Rebel XSi and usually the Canon 15-85mm IS lens, but also have the Canon 50mm f/1.8 II and the Canon 55-250mm IS. I also brought a tripod, remote, flash and some GND and CPL filters.
Let me know if you have any other questions.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts