German Shepherds Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
12,442 Posts
I called the Auditors office and they told me just to mail them fifty cents and that they would mail me a duplicate of their license. The only thing I had to do was get a duplicate of the original check that I sent them, and when they cashed it they had wisely written both of the dogs license numbers right onto the check-this came in very hand because they haven't entered any of this info into the computer system yet.
Yay! :D Glad this worked out so easily for you.

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Ok call me ignorant.. probably appropriate for this question.. What are you licensing for? Is it a CGC thing? Or a Dog park thing? Sorry.. just thought I'd ask so I can be in the "in" :) Thanks.
Basically, it is registering the dog with the city/town or county (or township, or whatever depending on where you live).

Example, this is the relevant law for where I live(Chicago):

7-12-140 License required.

(a) Each owner, as defined in this chapter, of each dog four months of age or older shall pay a city license fee for the privilege of owning such dog, unless such dog shall be temporarily within the possession of a veterinary hospital, pet shop, kennel, or humane society. Dogs which are the property of any subdivision of local, state or federal government shall be issued complimentary licenses. Any dog properly trained to guide or otherwise assist a blind person shall be issued a complimentary license upon the presentation of proof of vaccination.
(b) Upon determining that an owner subject to the license requirement of subsection (a) of this section has failed to obtain such license, the city clerk shall issue a notice of violation to the owner. If, within 30 days from the date such notice is deposited in the mail, the owner has not come into compliance with subsection (a), the city clerk shall issue a second notice of violation to the owner. The notice required by this subsection shall be sent by first class mail addressed to the owner at the most recent address shown on county rabies vaccination records.
(c) The penalty for failure to obtain the license required by this section shall be no less than $30.00 and no greater than $200.00 for each offense.
(I got this info from Animallaw.info)

21 - 24 of 24 Posts